Chapter 4

“It took so long for you to get your food. What are you doing?”

“I bumped into Naoki-senpai and Haruki-senpai just now.”

“Seriously!? Are they trying to pick a fight?”

“What is your way of thinking? They just came to say hello. They are my brother’s friends after all.”

“Oh..” Akira quickly got disinterested.

You like gossip that much!?

While sighing at my damn luck in having a friend like this, I said, “I can’t go back with you today.”

“Huh? Since when did you quit the going home club?”

I slapped his back, “I got something to do!”

“Yes, yes…Ouch, why did you slap my back so hard!?”

“Because you deserve it!”
.
.
.
The thing I need to do is this.

“This is the key. After you finish, lock the door and put it in a box on the office’s counter.” Rin-senpai said strictly. “Well, then, I need to go to my club. I will come back here if I finish my club early. But if I don’t, you know what to do. Use the equipment safely, okay?”

“I understand~ Thank you very much, Rin-senpai!”

With just that, Rin-senpai had gone to his club and I was left alone.

“This is a dream…” My breath hitched as I touched the violin, mesmerised by its beauty. The sharp strings and the beautiful curves of its shapes, as soon as my hand touched it, I was a goner.

Mazurka in a minor, Op. 67 No.4 came into my mind as I put the violin on my shoulder. The first piece that got me into liking the violin. The first piece that I accidentally found in my past life and the first piece that got me obsessed over it, training using it again and again without care in my middle school as soon as I got my memories back in this life.

The first piece that I love the most.

The bow in my hand moved nonstop, even after I finished the first piece. It played another piece that once again resounded in the empty room. Piece by piece, my ears were engrossed by the sublime tunes of the violin.

I could feel my blood boil as something akin to intoxication fills my brain to the fullest. Faintly, I could sense my breath quickening as sweats covering my back, hands and forehead.

In spite of that, I could not stop at all.
.
.
.
“Hah…hah…hah…” It’s already late when I stopped playing as I look at the glowing setting sun through the window while calming down my breath. I wiped the sweats on my forehead as I turned to grab my water bottle on the desk behind me.

I can not believe what I am seeing.

WHAT IN THE FUCKING- HOLY SHIT, WHAT IS HE DOING THERE!?

Since when did Murakami-sensei stand there!? Was he watching the whole time!?( ̄□ ̄;)Also…W-Why are he’s staring at me!?( 〇□〇)

“Murakami-sensei…”

“Yes?” He answered, looking unbothered yet those eyes never left me even for a second.

“Since when are you…uh, standing there?”

“Right after you played Mazurka in a minor.”

So, you’ve been here since the beginning!? (ㆆ ᴗ ㆆ) Oh wow, I’m done. I am so done. Of all teachers, why does it have to be Murakami-sensei!? I mean, it’s not that I’m not happy I can talk with him, it’s that I can’t lie if he ever asks why a second year student like me is using this room alone!

He’s a sharp guy, you know!? That’s it, I’m so fucking finished.╥﹏╥