Chapter 5

'It’s like a fever dream. As soon as I got back, I slumped on my bed not believing that I just saved a teacher’s number in my phone.  Oh, if nii-san ever knows about this, I’m really going to get beaten up.

“Kai, wash up your body! Dinner’s ready.” Just in time, nii-san's voice sounded.

“O-Okay!”
.
.
.
My mouth waters up at tonight’s dinner. It’s steaks! Uwooooooohhhhh, hallelujah~

I quickly sat down and we started to eat. We always eat in silence usually with there being an occasional talk.

Not this time though.

“Kai, I heard from Rin that you want to use the third year’s music room?”

“Cough! Cough!"

“Hey, eat properly…What if you choked?” Nii-san looked at me worriedly. “Here, have some water.”

“Uh, about that, it’s because the senior’s one is far from the main building! Especially when it’s after school, no one can hear me playing the violin.” I anxiously said while avoiding my brother’s eyes. The silence went too long, causing me to look up.

“N-Nii-san?” Seeing nii-san gazing at me quietly, I become more anxious.

“Previously, after mom and dad died, you always say you hate it. But after you enter middle school, you start to like it.”

Oh…that…Right, I remember feeling so devastated, thinking that I don’t have anyone I want to have hearing me play the violin aside from my parents. Pre-remembered me was someone who acts like I hate violin but actually yearn to play it again.

I just don't know who I want to play it for.

I'm afraid that, if they heard my music, something will happen.

Nii-san smiles as I am lost in thought. “Gosh, it’s a good thing I keep the violin mom and dad gave to you! I’ll bring it to you later.”

“You still keep it!?” Nii-san kept it? That violin that mom gave me!?

“Of course~ I always know you like playing violin!” Nii-san looked at me sadly. “Kai, even if mom and dad aren’t here. I am still here. Can I listen to your violin later on?”

I nodded eagerly. “Sure! I will play the hardest piece I’ve ever learnt for you after dinner!”

“Eh? No, it doesn’t have to be ton-”

“Nii-san should just wait in your room, okay? I’ll clean the dishes!”

“O-okay…”

Ahhhh! I get to perform in front of my favourite protagonist?/(≧▽≦)/
.
.
.
“Morning, Akira.” I called out to the sleeping boy at his desk. Waking up from my call, Akira blearily opened his eyes and looked at me. Those eyes abruptly widened up and Akira went to shake my shoulder.

“Kaito! Are you at the music room for the third year yesterday!?” He whispered hurriedly.

“Wh- How do you know!?” I whispered back.

Akira suddenly grinned, the previous anxiousness in his eyes couldn't be found. "Heh, we're friends since middle school~"

I glared at Akira, “How do you know I went to the music room?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I just know that you would try the violin in the third year’s music room once you find out about it.” Akira laughed amusedly. “Though, I don’t think you would really pick up the violin again.” Akira said while pointing at the violin that I brought.