Chapter 7

Ting!

On my way to class with Akira under the stare of others, I received a message.

"Hmm? Is it Ryu-senpai?" Akira asked when he saw who's the one who messaged me.

"Yeah, it's him."

"Oh my, 'would you like to watch a movie this weekend?', he said. So polite~"

"Uh, isn't that just the way he messaged? He always texted like this."

Akira hummed, "Well, I never chat with him so I don't know. You'll reject him again?"

"Well…"

Because last year I didn't know which route nii-san's will take. I'm afraid that being close with the president will change the supposed original route with my existence so I always refused him. But, now…

I can accept it!←⁠(⁠>⁠▽⁠<⁠)⁠ノ Aghhhhhhhh!! Never thought I could go watch a movie with one of the love interests! Much more a hottie! Ahhhhhh!! I'm dead, I'm dead. I always need a strong resolve to reject him whenever the president invited me out(⁠っ⁠˘̩⁠╭⁠╮⁠˘̩⁠)⁠っ Anyway, it's a green light for me now, right? I can befriend the president now, right? Ahhhhhhh, thank you god for giving me this chance!

"I guess I will go watch a movie this weekend~?"

"You…You're going?" Akira asked doubtfully. "Don't you always refuse him?"

"Uh, yeah…Kind of feel bad about that, honestly."

"...You feel bad now? After all those rejections?"

"Ugh! I can't help it, okay!? Who knows if nii-san gets jealous and angry with me if I'm close with his husband!? I don't want my dear brother to hate me, okay!? Not even a chance I will let my brother hate me! Never!" I blurted out while shaking Akira fervently.

"O-okay! Okay! Stop shaking me! Seriously, have you finally gone crazy!? What the hell are you talking about!? Ugh, I feel nauseous. All the breakfast is going to come out. Be right back."

Oh. Sorry Akira. Got a little too excited there.
.
.
.
"Hm? You looks happy? Why? Something good happened?" A man with golden blonde hair asked in fluent japanese.

"You could say that." Ryu chuckled at the thought of seeing a certain someone this weekend.

The blonde man, Noah, was shocked as Ryu smiled, the smile which took many swoons from the girls in their class right now. He then could understand vaguely why Ryu's acting like this.

He smiled amusedly, "Don't tell me…Your dear junior finally accepted your invitation?" Noah laughed out loud after saying that. "To think you finally weren't rejected. Gosh, my dear friend is too pitiful! After one and a half years of asking, now you finally got to seal a date! You seriously are pitiful, my friend. Probably one of the most pitiful person I've ever met."

"..." Ryu's mouth twitched in annoyance. "Finish?"

"Yes, sir!" Noah saluted playfully.

"Anyway, what has gotten into that junior of yours? Did you cursed him to accept you in desperation or what?" Noah voice turned hateful, eyeing Ryu up and down. "Tsk, tsk… If I'm his friend, I'll probably forbid him from meeting such a beast. Oh right, his brother already did, lol."

"..."
.
.
.
"Sorry sensei, I couldn't meet you yesterday." Kaito said apologetically as he saw the sitting man in the music room while scrolling through his phone. Kei looks up and smiles slightly, "No worries…With what had happened yesterday, it's hard for you to come."

Kaito's heart was stabbed with that smile and gentle tone. He struggles to smile back, "I still felt bad though…"

Kei laughed, "No worries."

"Em, then, I'll start playing now?"

"Go on. I can't wait." Kei chuckled slightly as he positioned himself to face Kaito, eyes glinting with anticipation.

A little bit overwhelmed by the gaze, Kaito chanted some mantras in his heart, struggling to calm it down. Putting down his bag on a table, Kaito take his violin as he walked closer to Kei.

"Please don't laugh later, sensei."

"I won't."

Kaito heaved a sigh as he held the bow tightly.

The soothing and taunting tones of the violin reverberating throughout the room whenever the hands holding the bow dancing on the strings.

Kei look at the swaying individual whose hair was swept by actions, eyes shut as his lips drawn into a small smile. Clamouring the pleasant sounds, Kei's eyes slowly closed as his ears were keenly listening.

It's not that long as after a few minutes, the beautiful sound stops and Kei's eyes opened to the the heaving individual.

"..." Kei was once again stunned by the sights greetings his eyes.

The shimmering pale golden eyes were wet with an itching needs to resume the sounds as he looks at the violin in his hand.

Just like a beast whose hunger was satiated for the first time, it couldn't help but want it more.

Yet, this beast still had its conscience as it remembered the presence of another in the room.

"Ah, sensei, were you satisfied? I'm sorry if the piece is not to your liking." Kaito said breathlessly as he clenched the violin and looking at it with a face full of smiles.

Kei woke up from his thoughts as he saw the obvious change in Kaito. Kei felt that…even his own heart was beating profusely.

"...Yes, it's nothing but a heavenly sound."

Kaito perks up at Kei's words as he laughs, "I'm still in training, sensei! It's far comparable to a professional." Kaito's sentences died down as he noticed the now standing Kei and…

HOLY SHIT, HE'S SO CLOSE, was what was running in Kaito's mind.

Kei's hand trails downward slowly from Kaito's elbow to the wrist that isn't holding a violin. The teacher bent over slightly as he whispered, "What to do, Kaito?" His voice is magnifying and husky.

"Yes?"

"I don't think I can act as a gentleman anymore."

"What?"
.
.
.
Hearing the sounds of the door opening, Shun knew Kaito had come back. He yells as he's currently preoccupied with the frying chicken. "Welcome back! Go wash up first and then come down. Dinner's almost ready."

Shun waited for an answer. Yet, after a few minutes, he still doesn't hear any replies. This got him suspicious and he took a knife as he went to the front door.

Only to see a befuddled Kaito who's standing like a statue.

Shun heaved a sigh in relief as he asked, "What's wrong, Kai? Are you okay?"

Kaito seems to wake up from his reverie as he jolted, "Ah?"

Shun quietly stared at his younger brother and asked once again, "Are you okay?"

"Yes? Ah, yes, uh, yes, I'm okay…probably."

Shun raised his eyebrow at this behavior, "... okay…go take a bath."

Kaito didn't reply as he trotted to the stairs, the previous befuddled state returned.

[A/N: This is an unedited version, please bare with it. I have final exam this month 😂]