Chapter 9

A voice sounded too close to be considered normal, tickling my ear. “Don’t worry. That’s all yours, Kai.”

Lord, have mercy. We must stay focused, brother. We must stay focused.

“T-thanks…Ah!” I exclaimed suddenly, deliberated, to fight off the thumps in my heart and pointed toward the screen. “This one character, when I watched their previous series, he is similar to you.”

Ryu finally breaks off his gaze and puts his attention on the screen. He quietly asked, "Why do you think so?"

Right, why do I think so…I asked myself the same question inwardly. The said character is far from similar to senpai physically.

Ryu questionably looked at me yet I didn't bother to explain, afraid that he discovered that I'm just bluffing. The second I got to focus on the movie again, the character I just pinpoint made a drastic change and the way he behaves towards his supposed lover shocked me.

I am not shocked at how he changes, I am confused by how similar the feeling he gives off. I put my whole mind in observing the character and finally realized why I felt that.

The game consists of three kinds of ending; the bad ending, the happy ending and the true ending. Surprisingly, the true endings of this game is what the players loved the most. What is it, you ask?

The love interest's life. That's the true ending.

It defeats the whole point of being a boy's love game but the life-like view attracts the players the most. This ending gave the player a deeper understanding of their favorite love interest. The true ending itself doesn't always show such a happy process though. I said it, didn't I?

It gives a life-like view.

The person beside me, Ryu-senpai, had the most horrifying ending. It's not that bad if you look at it in a logical point of view, yet standing alone, looking down at the buzzy city from a tall building in the night strangely suffocates players to no end. The players heard a cry of begging but they couldn't pinpoint nor see any silhouette that indicates there's another person in the dark office. The cries continue and it especially sounds worse while wearing headphones.

Who's the person that was begging still wasn't known even till my death.

It's definitely not Nii-chan though. I've listened to so many audios of the protagonist's voice actor and the way the victim begged or whimpered are far from similar. Plus, now that I am reincarnated in this world and could hear Nii-chan's voice in reality, I basically confirmed my own thoughts.

The Ryu-senpai in the true ending had a similar vibes as the character in the movie right now. The teetering and biting cold that aggressively lock you in place and force you to suck in the warmth from the very own person who puts you in such a situation in the first place.

…Gosh, it really makes me wonder who that person is! I want to knowwww(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠) The fact that there's another shou is what surprised me the most!!! I wonder if I have the chance to meet him!

"Excuse me," A sudden chilly voice woke me up. "Are you by any chance Kaito?" I looked to the side and saw a very beautiful boy with reddish hair and emerald green eyes. He smiled at me, "No, you definitely must be Kaito. I'm sorry if this is kind of rude and abrupt to you but…can you please partner up with me?"

"What?"
.
.
.
We decided to talk outside.

It turns out that the boy recognized me through the video of course. His name is Alex and he's one year younger than me.

"Your sound is really unique and I'm hooked. I originally wanted to contact you through the one who posted the video but, I'm so lucky to meet you here!" Alex's eyes shined with excitement and I don't know what to say as he's staring at me really closely.

Wait...am I famous now?…w⁠(⁠°⁠o⁠°⁠)⁠w

"Please keep your distance, it's rude to invade someone's personal space." Ryu-senpai tugged my collar from behind and got in between me and Alex, causing him to scowl a bit.

Alex openly looks at Ryu up and down, "My business is with Kaito. Who are you to stop me?"

Ryu-senpai scoffed, "And you're just a stranger."

I hurriedly cut in, "Okay, stop there. We're disturbing people if we fight in a public area." Alex looks unsatisfied but obediently stays silent. "Alex, right? I'm sorry but I'm not interested in what you're offering since I learned violin just as a hobby. If there's nothing else, we need to go now. It's nice to meet you, Alex."

I started to drag Ryu-senpai but Alex grabbed my wrist quickly. He handed me a beautiful golden card with simple black patterns. "Here's my card. If you're ever interested in going professional, please call this number." Alex looked at me intensely. "Also, if you're okay with it, can we exchange contact? It's not for partnering up, I just want to be friends with you."

…Such a bishounen wants my number, could I even reject it? I don't think I have the heart to do so!(⁠ᗒ⁠ᗩ⁠ᗕ⁠)

"Sure."

Alex visibly brightened up and we parted away after that.

"You shouldn't give your contact so easily to strangers, Kaito." Ryu-senpai looks at me disapprovingly. "What will you do if he's in some shady business?"

Ryu-senpai, are you talking about yourself?

I smirked at Ryu-senpai, "What if he's just purely attracted to me? Who knows if he just use the excuse to partner up with me just because he want to get close to me~"

Ryu-senpai suddenly picked up his pace and held my wrist tightly, "Don't talk nonsense. Let's continue our date."

……..

D-Date!?⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄
.
.
.

"I'm home." I arrive home right around dinner. Thankfully.

"Welcome back, Kai. How's your day?" Nii-chan asked me as soon as I entered the living room. "Did you have fun with Akira?"

I replied guilty, "Uh, yeah, we did."

Nii-chan smiled gently, "Good then. I need to go to my part-time job later, you already ate right?"

"Huh? I thought you quit?"

Nii-chan suddenly looks sheepish, "I need some extra money to buy a gift."

Gift? What gift…OH, how could I forget! Kousuke nii-san's birthday is nearing! Gee, why are Nii-chan working so hard? He should have just wrapped himself up with a ribbon, lol.

I pretended not to notice Nii-san's bashful face and replied amusedly, "Okay. Be careful Nii-chan. There's a lot of bad guy~"

Nii-chan chuckled and went out a minute after that. Since I'm alone, I quickly locked the door and brought the key with me to my room. After all, nii-chan has his own key. I took a shower and laid down on my bed, too lazy to start doing homework at the moment.

Buzz! Buzz!

My phone buzzed at the incoming messages as I turned on the Do Not Disturb mode this morning. Should I check it or not?

…Let's just ignore it. I want to sleep.

Wait. Alex.

Hmm, it's late already, maybe I should just message him tomorrow. Ah, but, thinking of him sure got me the baffled feeling from earlier. Is he a pianist or something? Or else, why does he want me to partner up with him? Nah, who knows if he's a singer? Not like you cannot team up with a violinist. Plus, his voice is pretty good. Really sounded familiar….

Huh…

!?

He sounded similar to the begging shou!!!!