sorting ceremony

Ariana's pov

As i was walking, i thought I'd test my luck. so i used the lottery chance in my cooking game .
[Congratulations on getting elegant charm]
I was confused and read the description of my prize.
[Elegant charm = no matter how you behave or move it will make others think that you look elegant.it will automatically correct your body language to look elegant and feel comfortable.]

Better than nothing. I think my luck is average today. But still it's useful to me. As the saying goes, first impression is the best impression.i activated the charm and tried to walk but i couldn't find any changes within my self. Maybe I never observed how I looked so i couldn't tell any difference.

We soon got on the boat and when i saw hogwarts i just thought it was really an amazing view. I was excited all the way until i saw professor Mcgonagall. She was waiting and when my eyes met Mcgonagall. she looked away awkwardly. I guess she still didn't forget our first meeting😅.

McGonagall started giving her speech as in the movie.

" Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

Neville Longbottom jumped forward and called loudly

"Trevor!"
Everyone laughed at him and he looked embarrassed and said "sorry" while backing away

McGonagall just looked at him and said to everyone

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily. "

she leaves to go into the Great Hall
I just pulled Neville's arm and comforted him

" it's okay ,it happens sometimes."

He just smiled and nodded and then i saw my cute little draco trying to make friendship with Harry Potter.

I saw draco stretching his hand for a handshake then i immediately whispered some nonsense to Harry in a very serious way

"You should at least shake hands and introduce yourself, harry. it's a wizard's basic etiquette . You can decline his friendship later but if you don't shake hands it's like declaring he is your enemy to everyone."
As i was whispering to Harry , Draco looked at me a little bit puzzled. Maybe he is trying to remember if I'm pureblood or not.

I just wanna see if Draco's behaviour changes if Harry took his hand at the beginning. Harry looked at me for awhile as if thinking then gave a handshake and introduced himself to Draco and also Said
" I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks."
McGonagall returned soon and taps Draco on the shoulder with a paper and said

"We're ready for you now. Follow me."

As we were walking i felt strange because i hate candles right above my head. Even though it's magic i always felt like melted wax or candle might fall on me.

Hermione keeps on rambling about the things in hogwarts history book. Then i saw the sorting hat And then Dumbledore announced a few things which i will not follow 😎. so I just ignored him and looked for Snape. He has this serious bad face which makes me instantly think of a villain . No wonder Harry always suspected him. I know it's bad for me to judge someone just by looking but i still feel that he is giving a bad person vibe.

Sorting started
I squeezed my sister's hand and said "relax" then she got into gryffindor and then it's my turn

"Ariana Lilly Granger"

when my name was announced both Snape and Dumbledore looked at me. I started to feel nervous but i tried to calm down and sat on the stool.
Sorting hat started to say
"Difficult...very difficult..."
I forgot all my nervousness and asked with high expectations
"Am i suitable for all the houses??"
Sorting hat laughed and said the reality of my life
"No ,you are too lazy to be a Hufflepuff .you don't even have much thirst for knowledge.you don't have a cunning brain to survive in Slytherin. Your courage isn't great enough to put you in gryffindor.so in short you are not really suitable for any house."

This is the first time i felt so embarrassed but i still tried to suggest with a not so good looking smile.
"I like wearing red colour so why don't you assign me to gryffindor.i can also clean you whenever i have time and can chat with you in return."

Sorting hat laughed out loud and everyone looked at me with curious look.
"Alright then... Gryffindor"

I happily ran to my sister's side and shaked hands with percy and Weasley twins. Sorting continued the same as the original movie.