Chapter 3: The Questions-They Never Stop

Rani turned to Kion. She jumped infront of him, stopping him in his tracks.

"Where is your pride?" Rani asked. "Looking for you," Kion shouldered past her. Rani padded beside him, "Why aren't you like them?" "I am. I'm just not hungry for lioness right now," Kion replied.

"Why do you eat lions?" Rani asked. Kion shrugged. "Where'd you get that scar?" Rani asked. Kion froze in his tracks. Rani looked at him. "My adoptive dad. It wasn't from my real dad. My actual dad is in the Pridelands. Simba. But apparently I was the runt of the litter," Kion growled, "So he dumped me here in this...I won't swear infront of you."

"So, was it your real dad who gave you the scar, or your adoptive dad?" Rani asked. "Adoptive," Kion growled. "Why?" Rani raised an eyebrow.

Kion shrugged, "Doesn't matter. I have it now and I can't do anything about it. Besides, I think it makes me more attractive," Kion smirked.

Rani chuckled. Another question came into her mind, "What about your birth mom? Did she care about you?" "I wouldn't know. I never actually got a look at her. My dad took me right at birth. Once he saw I was a runt," Kion growled.

"What about your adoptive mom?" Rani asked. "She was fine I guess."

"Where are your adoptive parents now?" Rani asked. Kion froze. "Kion?" Rani asked. Kion turned to her and growled, "Stop asking questions!"

Rani pinned her ears back, "Sorry." Kion flicked his tail and continued.

Sunset soon approached. Rani had tried to hold in her questions.

Kion looked at the sky, "Let's find a place to sleep. It's late." Rani nodded. She looked around for a den, and found one, "Found one Kion!" Kion followed her.

Rani settled in the back of the cave, Kion sat up straight at the entrance. "Aren't you going to sleep?" Rani asked. "No. I don't sleep," Kion replied, still looking out. "Why not?"

Kion flicked his ear, and didn't reply.

After a few minutes, Rani asked another question, "Have you ever wanted a mate?" Kion turned to her, "That's like me asking if you'd ever stop asking questions," He cracked a smile. "Fair enough," Rani chuckled.

Kion went back to looking outside, "But to answer your question, no. I don't want a mate. I'm fine alone." "Ok," Rani curled up, and fell asleep.