Chapter 8: Someday

Kion was stunned. "I shouldn't have said that, I'm so sorry," Rani looked down in shame. Kion smiled and lifted her chin, "Don't be sorry."

Rani was confused. "I like you too," Kion smiled.

"But wait. What about your adoptive parents, and my mom?" Rani asked. "We just won't tell them," Kion smirked. Rani chuckled.

"Rani, aren't you afraid that I'll go savage on you?" Kion asked. "I can help you control that," Rani smiled. "How?" Kion asked. "By giving you some goodness lessons," Rani smirked.

"What?" Kion raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I'll be teaching you how to control the instinct to kill," Rani explained

"I'll be teaching you how to control the instinct to kill," Rani explained. "But what about hunting? I need to have an instinct for that. I mean, I still need to eat," Kion replied.

"No, this is just to stop you from killing for no reason," Rani explained. Kion nodded, "But do we have to start now?"

"Well, would you rather do something else?" Rani asked. Kion wrapped a single arm around her, and pulls her closer.

"Yes I would actually," Kion smiled. "Yeah? What?" Rani asked. "Snuggle with you," Kion purred.

"Alright, but not to long. My mom will get worried for me if I'm gone to long," Rani smiled.

Kion nodded. They layed down. Rani snuggled into Kion's chest.

"Who would have thought that a lioness from the Tree Of Life would be with an outlander," Kion chuckled.

"Well, you are cute, kind, and caring," Rani licked his cheek. "And you are beautiful," Kion smiled.

Rani nuzzled Kion and fell asleep. Kion rested his head on Rani's, and drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later it was sunset.

Rani yawned and woke up. She looked at the sky, and jumped up. Kion slowly opened his eyes. "Rani?" He asked drowsly.

"We overslept! My mom's probably looking for me!" Rani paced back and forth. "Guess I'm that comfortable," Kion chuckled. Rani frowned at him, but smiled, "Yes you are." "Alright, go to your mom. I don't want her being mad at you," Kion said. Rani smiled and licked his cheek, "I'll come back tonight."

Rani ran off to Ananda. Kion went hunting.

Rani ran into the tree, and saw her mother pacing back and forth. Ananda looked at her, "Rani!" She nuzzled her daughter.

"What?" Rani asked. "You've been gone for hours! I got worried!"

"Mom I'm fine," Rani replied. Ananda sighed, "C'mon, we need to go to your father's funeral." Rani nodded.

After Sahasi's funeral, Ananda and Rani went into the tree. Rani waited for her mom to sleep, then she snuck out and went to the border.

Kion waited at the border for Rani. Rani smiled and she ran up to him. "Hi Kion," She nuzzled under his chin. "Looks like someone missed me," Kion chuckled.

"What did you not miss me?" Rani asked worried. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't," Kion smirked. Rani gasped. Kion chuckled, "I'm kidding. Of course I missed you."

Rani nuzzled him, "Good." "C'mon, let's go," Kion and Rani walked to a cave.

Rani cuddled close to Kion, "I love you." Kion purred, "I love you too Rani."

"Well...well...well," A lion walked in. Kion looked up, "D-Dad!"

(It's Respu, Kion's adoptive dad, not Simba)