Chapter 17: Bloodshed

"Let's attack!" Kion roared. Kion took the lead, his mom to his left. His dad to his right.

The strongest males were right behind them, the lionesses to the side, and the fastest males at the back.

Kion roared.

"WE ATTACK NOW!"

"WE ATTACK NOW!"

The outlanders charged toward the border. "Runners! Go ahead!" Kion shouted. The faster males ran ahead, ready to trap the Tree Of Life animals.

"Lionesses! Remember! You attack from the sides!" Kion growled. The lionesses nodded.

"Everyone else, follow my lead!" Kion barred his teeth.

Rani heard a roar come from the border. "It's time to attack. Alert the patrols," Rani ordered Ullu. Ullu flew out.

Rani stood on the rock outside of the tree. Not long after, every Tree Of Life animal surrounded her.

"We fight for our safety! We fight for revenge!" Rani roared. The animals cheered. Rani nodded to Ananda. Ananda took the lead, everyone followed. Rani walked at the back of the group.

The outlanders, and the Tree Of Life animals charged towards eachother, meeting right in the middle. Both patrols stopped.

Kion growled at Ananda, "Rani's to weak to fight I see." "What does it matter to you, murderer!" Ananda roared. She attacked.

"TRAP THEM!" Kion yowled. The lionesses surrounded the animals. The Tree Of Life animals didn't know what to do.

"Fight them!" Ananda shouted. Both prides clashed together in a war of blood.

Rani stayed at the back, saving her energy to fight Kion.

Ananda threw herself at Hades. Hades grabbed her neck, and slammed her down to the ground with so much force, Ananda's breath caught in her throat. She coughed. Hades stood over her.

"You really thought you stood a chance against us," He smirked. He brought his claws claws her throat. "No...please," Ananda sighed. Baliyo ran up, and headbutted Hades of Ananda, "Stay away from my mother!"

Ananda stood up weakly. "Mom, go into the Tree, you'll be safe there," Baliyo ordered. "No," Ananda flung herself at Hades. Baliyo went for a lioness and bit at her throat.

One after one, outlanders, and Tree Of Life animals fell down to the ground. Only Kion, Hades, Respu, and Zama were left from the outlands. And only Rani, Ananda, Nirmala, Surak, and Baliyo from the Tree Of Life.

Kion stepped forward, "Ah, so you did make it to the fight." "Wouldn't miss it for the world. Ever since you broke my heart, I've been dying to sink my claws into your throat," Rani sunk her claws into the ground.

"Go ahead," Kion smirked. Rani lunged at him. Kion threw her down into the ground.  He flipped her onto her stomach, and buried her face into the ground. Rani struggled to catch her breath.

Ananda, Surak, Nirmala, Baliyo, Respu, Hades, Anda Zama stopped fighting to watch the two leaders fight.

Kion held his grip, and pushed Rani's face deeper into the ground. Rani pushed him off, and gasped for breath.

"I've weakened you," Kion smirked, "Won't be long before you're dead." He lunged back at her.