Chapter 6: Savage

Kion licked his muzzle. "Kion, what's going on with you!" Rani asked, her voice shaking.

Ananda trembled in fear, "This was a mistake!"

Kion continued to slowly approach them. Then, he charged. "Ahh!" Rani and Ananda screamed. They ran. Kion gave chase, quickly gaining on them.

Rani looked behind, she screamed again. "Rani, run ahead, I'll stall him," Ananda said. Rani nodded. Ananda stopped. She flew sand, dirt, and rocks in Kion's eyes.

Kion roared, and stopped. He pawed at his eyes, trying to get the dirt out of them. Ananda ran after her daughter.

Kion kept his eye's closed, and shook his head. He rubbed his eyes. He finally got them open.

He looked back in their direction, "Grr they're to far ahead." Kion smirked. He looked at the ridge. He climbed it.

Kion ran on the ridge, gaining on Ananda and Rani. He growled as they were getting closer to the border. Even if he was a killer, he couldn't pass the border, he would die, no matter how hard he fought back.

Kion got closer to them. He jumped off the ridge. Rani and Ananda passed the border. Kion almost grabbed Rani's tail.

Rani and Ananda looked at him, fear in their eyes. Kion growled and paced back and forth. He twitched his tail in annoyance. "L-Lets go," Rani stampered. Ananda nodded.

Kion roared as his lunch had escaped. He clawed at the ground in frustration. Kion wasn't going going let his food get away. He didn't care what he had to do. Kion crossed the border and ran after Ananda and Rani.

Rani and Ananda ran from Kion, and the border.

"I thought you said he was a good lion!" Ananda shouted. "He was! He didn't act like that when he helped me!" Rani replied. "But that doesn't make any sense!" Ananda gasped for breath.

"What doesn't make any sense?" Sahasi asked walking up to them. "Uhhh the..color..of..this grass! Yeah, that," Rani said, trying to think quick. Sahasi raised an eyebrow, "We are on green grass. How does that not make any sense?"

Rani shrugged.

Sahasi looked past Rani and Ananda, "Who's that?" Rani and Ananda turned around. They both gasped, "RUN!" "Run? What for?" Sahasi asked confused.

Kion gained on Rani and Ananda. He saw another male with them.

Kion licked his muzzle, "More food." He ran faster. But as he ran, Rani and Ananda hid behind the male. Kion halted to a stop right infront of him.

Kion growled. "Who are you?" The male asked. "A killer," Kion smirked. He pounced on the lion. "No dad!" Rani shouted. "Sahasi!" Ananda screamed. They backed up in fear.

Sahasi threw Kion off him. Kion slid on his paws. He looked back at Sahasi. He licked his muzzle, "Food." Kion had a look of hunger in his eyes.

"W-What did he just call me!" Sahasi asked. "Food!" Kion lunged at Sahasi again. Sahasi growled, "You led an outlander here!" He shouted at Ananda and Rani.

"It was an accident. He was nice before," Rani replied, voice trembling. She and her mom crouched down, and pinned their ears back.

Kion tried to bite into Sahasi's neck, but Sahasi moved to the side. Kion tried again, and got him.

Sahasi roared in pain, as Kion's teeth were razor sharp. Kion then pinned Sahasi down, and bit harder into his neck.

Ananda and Rani were to afraid of Kion to help Sahasi.

Sahasi's body started to go limp, and his eyes slowly closed. Sahasi, died.

Ananda froze, "NO!" She cried. "Dad?" Rani asked, starting to tear up. "I should have helped him! Why was I a coward!" Ananda screamed.

Kion started feasting on Sahasi. Ananda and Rani took that as a way to leave. They ran.

Kion continued to eat Sahasi, untill he was all gone.

Kion's stomach was full.

Kion started to feel weird. He grabbed his head. His eyes went back to normal. Kion looked around, "What happened?" He looked down, and gasped at the dead lion carcass at his paws.

"What have I done..."