Blackouts, Dizziness, Pills, and Vitamins

Anemic!Evan
tw/cw for blood being drawn, pretty heavy descriptions of needles, blood
--------

     Evan blinked aggressively, he accidentally stood  couldn't see anything but black for a good 3 seconds, his head spinning in circles. He grabbed onto the counter next to him, an attempt to steady himself until his dizziness went away.

     "You alright?" Jared asked, he was across from Evan, occupied with hand-washing dishes. 

     "Yeah, I just stood up too fast," he grumbled, walking over to Jared and hugging him from behind. "Are you almost done? I want to lay down and cuddle," he rested his head on Jared's shoulder, watching him intently. 

     "I'll be done in a minute. What's up with you? You've been super clingy all morning. Not that I mind." 

     "Another appointment," Evan mumbled. "I have to get blood drawn again. I just.. I really hate it. It doesn't even hurt that much, so I don't know why I freak out. It's just a pinch. I just hate the fact that it's like- I don't know, in my skin? And I always smell blood afterwards, it's gross. And it makes me tired, mostly because I panic. So I'm trying not to stress about it while I can and occupy myself with things I'd rather be doing," he babbled. 

     Jared hummed a response, washing the last of the dishes. "I'd offer to go with you, but you always tell me no," he said as he turned around, now facing Evan. 

     Evan adjusted his hands to rest on his waist. "I know.. I just feel worse if someone is there, like, if they're trying to tell me I'll be fine and comfort me. It just makes me freak out more," he explained. 

     Jared nodded thoughtfully, he took Evan's hand and led the two of them to the couch, the both of them setting as close as possible. Jared was rested up against the arm of the couch, Evan laying in between him. Jared combed his hands through Evan's hair. It was soft, kept put together nicely. Jared probably messed it up from running his hands through it, but Evan could just fix it later. 

     The two of them sat there in silence until Evan groaned and got up, trudging his way to the medicine cabinet. "I forgot to take," he paused as he opened the cap to the pill bottle. "This." He took a pill from the bottle, ferrous sulfate or something. Jared didn't know the name. Evan sat the bottle down and grabbed another bottle. Vitamins. 

     He tipped his head back as he took a drink of water, swallowing both the pill and vitamin at the same time. "Can't you just like, chew the vitamins?" Jared asked. He had noticed a while ago that Evan never chewed the vitamins he took, even though they were meant to be. He was impressed by the fact that Evan could not only swallow the vitamin, - which was much bigger than a regular pill - but his regular pills at the same time. His anxiety meds included, although that's moved to only being taken when needed; which is great! 

     "Yeah, I could. But it tastes like chalk and it's absolutely disgusting." Evan explained, taking another drink. He sat his cup down on the counter, he'd probably reuse the cup later. No need for putting it in the sink, he just got water, and Jared just did the dishes. He sat the bottles back in the cabinet, putting them in their designated place. 

     Evan walked back over to the couch, sitting down by Jared once again. "What time is your appointment?" He asked, moving around a bit so the two of them could get back to sitting how they were before.

     "2:30." 

     Jared hummed and thought for a moment. "Wanna watch a shit rom-com 'til then?" He smirked.