I Didn't Want to Say Goodbye

TW/CW: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH, DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE, BLOOD, MURDER,  CUTS/WOUNDS

Hunger Games AU!

Requested by: -Just_A_Ravenclaw-

Explination how Jared and Evan know each other! - basically, the two of them both started out in district 11, the district that provides agriculture for the capitol. due to an amount of heavy overpopulation in district 11, a few families got moved to different districts, specifically district 7- the district that provides lumber- as they were becoon ming heavily underpopulated due to lack of necessities. Jared's family happened to be one of those selected families.

as the capitol wants to have all of these things, not wanting to run out, the only solution was to move some people around; something they didn't want to do, but they didn't have any other choice. especially since they wanted to keep things like lumber.

jared and evan already knew each other and were friends, eventually becoming lovers. after they were forced to split apart from each other, they promised that one day, when they could, they would escape, meet up with each other. they didn't want to break up, though it was probable that one or the other could find another lover.

it might not have been put into words, but they were no longer together.

for the 97th annual hunger games, both evan and jared were declared the male tributes of their districts. meeting up with each other at the capitol, still having feelings for each other. they formed an alliance during the games, pretty much getting back together during it. they never vocalized it, but they had made it very clear that they wanted to be with one another.

:)

-
-
-
-
-

"This is absolute bullshit!" Jared yelled, nearly tripping as he ran, barely making it past the booming fire behind him. He moved away from the fire, staring at it with hatred. 

   It wasn't exactly the fire that he hated, it was The Capitol for setting it. For making them do this. For making them fight for their lives for an ounce of entertainment. 

   Evan was beside him, panting, desperately trying to catch his breath. The oh-so familiar sound of a cannon making its appearance. Only once. Jared coughed, the smoke and sudden running made it hard to breathe; his rapid heart rate didn't help. 

   Evan made eye contact with Jared, his pupils dilated, eyes wide. "Four of us left," his voice was hushed.

   "We should probably start moving." 

   There was no planned destination. All they wanted was a place to hide out for the time being. 

   The walk was agonizingly quiet, occasional inaudible mumbles coming from the other. The silence could be broken, shattered into a million pieces like glass. 

   And it was. The cause of that shatter was from the somewhat calm voice of Evan. "So.. you never did tell me how many times your name was put in."

   "You never asked."

   Evan frowned, "Yes I did! I mean, we ended up getting ambushed mid conversation by the three people, two from district 3 and the other was that younger girl from district.. 6 I think."

   "Yeah, so I wasn't exactly thinking about how many times my name has been in that damned bowl," he grumbled.

   Evan went silent, he began to pick at the blade of the small knife he's had with him for the past few days. He winced as the blood from the knife smudged across the blade and onto his fingers.