Chapter 2: Escaping

February 11th:
Chrissie had walked through her empty house at night crying to herself hot tears streaming down her face and wiping them away in a moment of instinct sadness.

The moment of tonight's argument had played out through recent memory in her head, while she had a duffle bag packed with her clothes and items and such and she crept through the darkened house silently trying not to make a sound to wake up a sleeping Rick that laid in the bed in the room above her.

"I swear to God bitch, what I fucking do is none of your damn concern!!!" Rick had told boldly at Chrissie and pointing a confronting finger at her directly.

"I have fucking had it with you, you never pay attention to me anymore and when you do it's through physical beatings and shit and you are constantly observant of my presence and I can't fucking breath because of that and I can't fucking stand it anymore." Chrissie had finally said after years of torment and abuse and torture.

The words she had yelled at him had raced through her head as she walked through the house dressed and put on her shoes and soon finally had escaped through the kitchen and had accidently knocked over a broom sitting against the kitchen wall and had paused for a moment, she had turned to look at the stairs waiting for Rick to storm down the stairs in rage and pull her back and attack her.

She waited for a moment......

Silence fell.....

A second had passed.......

And then a hour......

And then a minute......

Only silence could be heard along the faint sound of Rick's snoring from upstairs falling flat for a minute and then a cough or two and then snoring came back for a minute and she had sighed deeply silently and soon had pushed open the back screen door and closed it quietly and had walked off into the distance of the nightly lit streets, and soon of course a light on their house comes on and luckily it was only the motion sensor and soon of course eventually her phone had went off making it's signature buzzing sound and she pulled it out to reveal one of her friends named Abby as she stood there she read the text.

Abby:
"I'm here."

Chrissie had texted back as she made her way down the darkly lit street and sent it.

Chrissie:
"I'm on my way where r u at?"

She got a response.

Abby:
"At the end of the street in the red Sudan car."

Chrissie texted back.

Chrissie:
"One block down?"

Abby:
"Yes!"

She stood there in the moments as then the motion sensor had turned off and soon had sighed then suddenly as she looked up she had seen her and Rick's bedroom light on and the dark shadowed silhouette of Rick standing at the window.

"Shit!!!" She told herself

She turned and booked it through the streets slinking her way through the shadows and making towards the alleyways cutting through the dark parts of the alleyway keeping from sight of hidden eyes and unspoken mouths.

She ran her way towards the alleyway and soon eventually she stopped to catch her breath and turned to see something vague in description.

She stood up and looked in the opposite direction and had seen a pale white hand that could only be attached to a arm in the same vein of pale white skin color with a black sleeve of a black duster trench coat had slinked passed and behind a the wall of a building and a disembodied voice calling for her and the familiar scent of lavender perfume.

"Chrrrriiiiissssssiiiieee....cooooommme tooooo meeee." The voice spoke.

Chrissie didn't pay any mind and turned and ran away and stopped half way as she heard these words....

"I'm right behind you Chrissie." The voice spoke.

Chrissie turning around to only see a dark silhouette of a tall figure that wasn't obsurdly muscular more of a linear muscle build and long black duster coat and a black wide fedora it stood there under the street lamp and stayed very still almost looked statically stiff unmoving.

She couldn't make out the figures face and what resemblance of a face or lack there of because of the dark night was a purple glow of what the things eyes are suppose to be located at on it's face and that was it she couldn't see anything else that was specific detail to her knowledge, she stood there as the scent of lavender perfume had seemed hypnotic to her keeping her in place as the figured that stood there had creepily whispered the words.

"Don't be afraid of me...I'm here for you!!!" The voice said and stood there for a minute longer.

Chrissie broke out of the figures trance and blinked for a minute as she looked at the figure and blinked once more and the figure was gone.

She wondered where it had went but she didn't want to find out.

She had just continued to walk her way towards the car and seen the red Sudan and ran towards it as Chrissie had then opened the door and had shut it and pressed down on the lock with her hand.

"Are you okay?" Abby asked.

"Yeah I'm fine just drive!!!" Chrissie had said.

"Why what's going on?" Abby asked.

"No time to explain just g-" Chrissie had said moment before as she was cut off and had failed to see the running figure of Rick running towards the car and punching his hand through it with the strength he had that was considered to be enough to punch through a car window.

"GOT DAMN IT YOU FUCKING BITCH, YOU FUCKING WHORE, I'MMA FUCKING KILL YOU!!!" Rick had yelled as he punched the window reaching through it and proceeded to grab and try aggressively strangle the life out of Chrissie as she had proceeded to fight back and pulled a small pocket knife from her pants pocket and stabbed him in the arm and cutting his face a couple of times making him let go of her, Abby had screamed at the sight of this brutal and aggressive nature and sped off driving away leaving the abusive man that was Rick in the dark streets of the night.

Chrissie had then managed to get the last laugh and yell out to Rick shouting out "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!!"

Rick could do nothing but stand there in rage and scream at the top of his lungs and try to fight the air around by throwing punches and kicks and then storm off back to the house angry and enraged.