CH19. New Beginnings.... maybe..?

~A few weeks later~

These past few weeks that we've been looking for Sophia, had been so crazy for the group and I, that it made every moment together, so precious. After the highway, we took off and went searching in other areas but during that time, Carl had been accidentally shot by someone by the name of Otis. Otis was trying to go after a deer, and unfortunately Carl had gotten in the way. Otis was part of the Greene family, who's house we were now staying at. The farm was owned by an elderly man named Hershel who had two daughters by the name of Beth and Maggie. There was also another male and woman there by the names of Jimmy and Patricia.

I had learned that Otis and Patricia were married, and Jimmy was dating Hershel's youngest daughter Beth. Maggie was a single twenty-two-year-old farm girl, and Beth was seventeen. Carl had surgery a few days ago but he was still on bed rest until Hershel said it was okay. Hershel's wife and stepson were deceased, unfortunately.

I had been walking up the stairs to the Greene's house, when Lori had walked out of it with a smile on her face. She must've been checking up on Carl, she always went into the bedroom every hour, no matter how much sleep she got the night before. "Hey Angela, how are you feeling today?"

I smile softly shrugging my shoulders. "Oh, I'm surviving. You know how that is. How are you doing, girl?" I respond with a chuckle coming out of my mouth, while holding a bag in my hand that was filled with cans of food. The girls and I were going to make a thank you appreciation dinner for the Green's for saving Carl's and our lives. Unfortunately, Otis had recently passed away, and I honestly understood where she was coming from. She lost her husband due to the dead, according to Shane, I'm not sure if I believe him or not. But I also lost my husband to the dead, and I lost my boyfriend through desperation and insanity. The news to us, including the funeral was sad.

I never knew this man; I only knew that he meant something to his people. He was a husband, an 'uncle', and a friend. I only really knew him as the man who shot my leaders son. I had remembered Amy and the loss I had for her. Especially Elijah.

Lori got a smile on her face, nodding her head. "I'm good, just checking up on Carl." I knew it, I smile, nodding my head.

"That's sweet, how is he?" I ask her, Lori and I haven't really spoken at all, since I first came back to the group, and when Rick came back from the dead.

"He's alright, Hershel's doing the best he can. How's the pregnancy going?" She asked me, I grin, using my available hand to rub my stomach. "Amazing, I can't believe this. Can you?" I ask her, with a huge smile on my face. I never expected to have a baby in a world like this. But there was a problem. I didn't know who the father was. It was between the crazy asshole named Shane and the beloved male named Tdog.

Lori shook her head and smiled. "You look good girl." She tells me sweetly as she looked around, walking closer to me. She then whispers softly. "Andrea thinks you're ridiculous for not getting rid of it."

I roll my eyes, here we go again from that fucking bitch, it wasn't her life, her business and sure as hell isn't her concern, nor was it her uterus. "You know what, I don't care what the hell that bitch got to say. She's not a mother, she wouldn't understand."

Lori puts her hands up in surrender, trying to reassure me, that everything was cool. "I know, I'm a mother. I've told her to stay out of it." Lori says as she clears her throat. "Look I'm sorry about you and Shane." I had told Lori a few weeks ago, during the time that Carl had been shot, over everything that Shane had done, I just didn't mention what he had mentioned to me about her and Rick.