Ch 4. Getting To Know Them

I had the energy to write again so here I am writing again tonight. Love you all!!!

Later that evening, everyone had sat down, sitting around a fire. I was sitting next to Glenn and the other side of me was Andrea who was sitting next to Amy all wrapped up in a blanket holding each other while listening to everyone chatter and the fire cracking. I reach over taking a sip of my water bottle from earlier, enjoying the fire. I felt safe, and secure. But not so quite. I look over at Lori with a smile on my face. "So Lori, uh, what did you do before our world went to shit?" I asked her, as her son was next to her just watching the fire in silence.  Lori sighed looking up at me brushing hair out of her face. "Oh I was a housewife. I cooked, cleaned, took care of Carl. The usual mom and wife things." She chuckled and I nod with a smile looking over at Carl. "How about you little man??" Carl looks up at me and shrugged. "I played video games, rode my bike.. the usual kid stuff." Lori, Carl and I laugh along with the others who were listening. He was definitely like Lori. I turn my head looking over at Dale. "How about you? What were you before this?" Dale played with his watch as he looked over at me turning his tired smile into a small loving smile. " I worked as a salesman, and I was married for 20 years to a loving woman named Irma. Unfortunately she died of cancer,  rest her soul." I nod and blew him a kiss. "My condolences, but nice job. Was the pay nice?" I asked which Dale laugh. "Hell no,  paid the mortgage.. just barely." I laugh looking at Andrea and Amy. "How about you girls?"

  Andrea was the first one to chirp up. "I worked as a clerk at a law firm after I graduated from college." She said.  I smirk to her life. "A lot of shit happens at the place, huh?" Andrea chuckled nodding her head. "Girl, you have no idea."  I laugh along with her turning towards Amy. "How about you girl?"  Amy sighed. "I was in college, Andrea was taking me back home from vacation until the apocalypse hit.." I nod my head and frown at her. That must be rough, your school getting locked down from a terrible time.

I then look over at Shane. "What were you doing before this, other than be a cop?" Shane smirks at me and I smile blushing underneath my shirt after I looked down. "I was a man worrying about bills and the superbowl." He cracked a grin and I nod turning to Glenn. "You?" He gulps and looks at me shyly. "Delivered pizzas." I nod and shove him playfully. "That's how you knew, where to go! I should've known!" We all laugh as I reach for my bottled water sipping some more. "Excuse me, bathroom break." I stand up walking towards the RV.

"Hey Dale, does your toilet work?" Dale turns to me and nods his head. "Yeah go ahead." I nod. "Thank you!" I walk away to the RV opening the door and heading towards the bathroom. After I was finished, I walk out and start heading towards the RV door. Shane walks in, we accidentally bump into each other. I chuckle moving aside as he walked past me. "Jesus you scared me." I smirk and he puts his hands up in surrender. "My bad." He entered the bathroom, I grin stepping outside joining the others sitting back down.

I look over at T-dog and I smile. "What about you? What did you do?" T-dog smiled. "I'm very religious and I used a van from my church to help evacuate elderly residents to refugee centers." He said feeling kinda embarrassed. I only can tell by his voice change. I stand up and walk over to him bending down and wrapping my arms around him. "Hey, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. That's sweet of you to do that."  T-Dog lightly smiled at me. "It is?" He asked making me smile. "Yeah it is!." I explained. He smirked. "Mama taught me well."

"I can see that, bless her soul." I say patting his back, he grabs my hand giving it a squeeze. "You always know what to say." I shrug my shoulders and tap his head. "Thanks but I just know the truth." I say with a grin standing up, and walking back over to my original spot. I was about to take a drink until I heard my name being called. I look over, it's Carl. "Yes little man?" I asked. He looked at the fire and back at me. "What did you do before this?" Shane had just returned as Carl was asking. I smile shortly looking down. "Oh um.. I worked for children services. I also was engaged, with my own home and life.. the virus took that shit underneath me, quick too!" I said looking down, Carl shakes his head. "I'm so sorry." I just shrug. "Dont worry little man. I'm okay." He nods and just smiles at me.

I stand up yawning grabbing my trash and throwing it away. "Well guys, I'm headed off to bed. Thanks for letting me stay, it was all nice meeting you." I wave as they wave back to me saying goodnight. I walk over to my tent unzipping it and stepping inside. I zip up my tent grabbing my bag that was by my bed looking through it. I grab my toothbrush checking for toothpaste but no luck. "Fuck." I whisper looking up sticking my toothbrush inside my mouth and crawling to the tent zipper, zipping it back up crawling out and zipping it closed walking over to Glenn who was getting ready for bed himself. I pull the toothbrush out of my mouth holding it.  "Glenn,  I'm sorry to bug you, but do you by any chance have any toothpaste?? I didn't realize I was out. "

Glenn put down his blanket and nodded walking inside his tent and grabbing the toothpaste handing it to me. "Here you go. But just so you know, we may have a run coming up in a week if you'd like to come and you can get stuff that you need..?"  I nod and smile. "Thanks, I'll return it to you." He nods and continues to make his bed. I walk over to the RV and go inside the bathroom. I look up in the mirror seeing dirt on my face, I turn on the faucet putting my brush underneath watching the water soak the brush hairs. I brush my teeth, and walk out of the rv heading towards Glenn holding out the toothpaste handing it to him. "Thanks again."

He nodded his head smirking. "You're welcome, the queen of teeth." He cracks a grin as I punch his arm playfully. "Oh bite me." I laugh starting to walk away. "Goodnight butthead." Glenn chuckled starting to zip his tent. "Night teeth queen." He cracked a grin zipping his tent all the way, going to bed. I walk over to my tent unzipping and zipping it closed going to bed myself.

I know it was short! I'm sorry guys! I'll have more in the morning!!! Goodnight!!!!