Ch.20 I Failed Her...

The next morning, I wake up to T-dog stroking my cheek with such a cute, big smile on his face. With his other hand, he was using his available hand to hold my hand. "Wake up, Mrs. Douglas." He whispered, leaning in, connecting his lips with mine. 

I started to smile, fully opening my eyes after I had kissed back. "Morning, husband." I giggle at his new name. He wasn't a friend or a family member. Hell, he wasn't even my boyfriend anymore. He was officially my husband. I've been with this group for maybe about four months, maybe five, and if anybody from the group had told me that I would be T's wife, I would've laughed and would've rejected it. 

'Baby, you know what I was thinking?" He asks me, before I can answer, Maggie popped her head in, with a mug of coffee in her hand. She hands it to T, who then hands it to me. I take it, nodding my head at Maggie for a thank you. 

I sit up, propping my elbow up so I can use my weight on it as I hold the mug in my hands. "What's that baby?" I finally ask him, putting my lips on top of the brim of the mug, tipping my mug over so I can sip it.

Tdog puts his hand onto my lap, looking me deep into the eyes as he starts to speak. "Why don't we have a reception? We will have dinner, and then we can celebrate the night with maybe a bit of dancing, and then we can maybe have a little honeymoon. In our tent. Alone."

I smile, nodding my head. "I'd love that. I really would, baby. That sounds lovely." I agree. After I take another sip, putting my mug down in my lap, I grab Ts hand, kissing it. "I love you, baby." I tell him, starting to tear up. I couldn't believe this.

Tdog moves his hand up to me, wiping my tears. "I love you too, beautiful girl." He then looks at Maggie and smiles softly. "Can you give us a second?"

Maggie nods her head with a slight smile on her face. "Course." She said in a thick southern accent. She leaves. 

Tdog leaves a soft kiss on my hand, letting me cry, and sniffle. "What is it, baby? Tell me, Kitty." We both chuckle at his nickname for me. 

"Why kitty?" I question him, totally ignoring the other things because really? Any other nicknames that he could've chosen from, and he chose that?? Meow, I guess?

He smiled. "Because you're all feisty, but you're just a little kitty." He teased, kissing my cheek, I chuckled, moving my cheek, putting my lips on his. 

I pull away slowly, putting my forehead onto his, looking deep into his eyes. He puts both of his hands on my cheeks, and both of us can smell each other's scent. "Talk to me, baby." He whispers softly to me. 

I shrug my shoulders, sighing. "Nothing, baby. I'm just so happy that you decided to marry me. To others, it may seem so rushed, but the bottom line is, we love each other, I was just..." I sigh again, tearing up. These damn pregnancy hormones. "I was mostly shoved up, Shane's ass, like a damn lost puppy... I ignored how I was being treated."

He then put his fingers on my mouth, shutting me up. "Baby, no. You were in love. He showed you a phony side of him that he magically made up, the second you showed up."

"So, you think it was his plan?" I ask him, kissing his lips softly. I was curious, my newly wedded husband as of yesterday knew about my ex, more than I did. I barely even knew him as my now hubby. 

Tdog looks me serious but loves in his eyes. I knew this was going to be a real conversation. "Honestly, yes. I do believe that, and it's so weird to think about it, but right when you showed up, he wasn't about you. Then Rick showed up, and now he's pissed and a different guy."