Girls On Film

"And she wonders how she ever got here as she goes under again"
Girls on Film- Duran Duran
*****************************

"Robin" you sigh, leaning back on your arms as you sit crossed legged on the video store counter. "I think I just need to move on"
Robin leans back in the chair by the computer and pumps the air with both fists. "Finally she gets it!"
You grin. Robin had been telling you for weeks you needed to get over Jason and the stupid fling you'd had. Seeing him with Chrissy had gotten to you more than you expected it to, even though you'd only hooked up a handful of times it always felt like it would turn into something more, at least he always hinted it would. Instead he broke it off out of nowhere and started dating Chrissy Cunningham and he made sure to rub your face in it any chance he got.

"I know I'm not the cheerleader type but it seems so cliche doesn't it? The jock and the cheerleader" you say sadly as you pick at the rips in your jeans.
Robin comes over to you and leans on the counter area in front of you, her head leaning down to catch your eye.
"If he can't handle super cool, awesome Y/N then he doesn't deserve you. Jason Carver is not the boy to get upset over" she offers, her soft voice reassuring you as it always did.
"She's right you know?" Steve startles both of you as he walks out of the back room. "There's plenty of other boys worth getting upset over"
You laugh "Thanks? I think?"
"Do not take relationship advice from him, there's a new girl in here everyday making eyes at him and he falls for it everytime" Robin says as she rolls her eyes but she quickly flinches when Steve throws a pen at her and hits her in the cheek, making both of you laugh.
While Robin picks up the pen to throw it back, your attention is drawn to the door as it dings and a group of boys walk in, deep in conversation.
You look up and see the boy in front freeze in place with a surprised, wide eyed stare before he offers you a smile, one you return before looking back just as Steve dodges a roll of half price labels Robin throws...

**********

Eddie walks in with the rest of the Hellfire Club and stops listening to the conversation behind him when he sees you.
His heart skips and his palms go clammy and he quickly rushes to the other side of the store, the rest of his group in tow.
"Guys, that's her" he whispers to them.
"The girl? The one you've been seeing around?" Jeff whispers back, looking up over the shelves
"Wait, isn't she the one Jason just dumped?" Eddie shrugs "I don't know, I don't keep up with jocks love-lives but I keep seeing her, it's like a sign"
"So go talk to her dude, what's the worst that could happen?" Gareth offers.

Eddie watches you as you talk to Robin and Steve. He watches the way you shake your head to flick your hair over your shoulders as you talk, how animated your face becomes when you speak, the dimples in your cheeks when you smile and he watches as you slide off the counter, so graceful and smooth it makes his stomach flip.

He'd seen you for the first time at the arcade a few weeks ago, kicking Harringtons ass at Gauntlet, you'd screamed in victory as Harrington looked crestfallen but what first caught his eye was the Metallica T-Shirt you'd been wearing with the Master of Puppets album cover across the front, by the time he worked up the courage to speak to you you were gone.

He saw you again a week later, at the diner with Robin but he was alone, no-one to urge him to go up to you so he walked away.

Now you were in front of him again and his resolve was weakening rapidly. He stares at you from behind the counter and watches as you lean over it, your back curving in a way that made him imagine how it looked under your clothes.
Gareth nudges him in the ribs "Eddie just go and talk to her"
Eddie takes a deep breath and steps out from behind the shelving unit, walking towards the counter with shaking hands...