One Wild Night

"I stepped into the twilight zone and she left my heart with vertigo"
One Wild Night- Bon Jovi
****************************

A dull ache pulses through your brain as you slowly wake from the stillness of the sleep you don't remember succumbing to.
While you come to your senses you take in the full body stiffness, the grotesque swirling in your stomach and the dryness in your mouth and you groan softly when you realise just how drunk you must have been last night, the hours blank and missing in your mind, and accept that the day would be spent sleeping off this hangover.

You stretch out slowly, your body finally waking up with you and feel a flash of confusion when you realise something. You're naked under a bedcover that doesn't feel like the sheets you're used to.
You start to open your eyes, your eyelids reluctantly blinking against the morning sunlight pouring into the alien room and you try to work out where you are.
Your gaze skims over the messy bedroom floor littered with clothes, cassette tapes and books before moving up the walls to the heavy metal posters lining the dull white wallpaper and over to the mirror covered with a shiny red guitar and that's when your heart sinks all the way down to your churning stomach. Everyone knew that guitar...

No... there's no way...

You sit up gingerly in bed, careful to make slow deliberate movements designed to make sure you didn't wake the person next to you, the person you prayed it wouldn't be, but as you turn and Eddie Munson sleeping next to you is finally confirmed, you feel all hope leave your body.
"Fuck!" You groan, louder than expected, and Eddie wakes up suddenly.
You wait for his disgust to match yours, his own horror at waking up next to the worst person he could ever think of, but instead a smug grin spreads across his lips and it only grows wider when he sees your reaction.

"Good morning" he croaks, wanting so badly to sound seductive but his own dry throat betrays him.
"Good? Are you fucking kidding me?! This is a nightmare" you cry, pulling yourself out of bed and yanking the bedcover with you, only to have it pulled back to cover Eddies own modesty.
"I'm naked Eddie let me have it!" You yell but only get a raised eyebrow as a dare to try.
"Fine, close your eyes!" You bark and Eddie makes a show of clamping his eyes shut and covering them with one forearm.
You keep your gaze on him to make sure he doesn't look as you frantically grab your discarded clothes from the floor, relieved it had been cold before you went out last night. At least you didn't have to do a walk of shame in clothes that would make it obvious that's what you were doing.

You slip your jumper on, the final barrier protecting your bare skin from Eddies gaze, and storm towards his bedroom door, the sound of it flinging open prompting Eddie to open his eyes as you go and he wastes no time in wrapping the sheet around himself and leaping out of bed after you, his chance to gloat slowly ebbing away with each step you take towards the trailer door.
"That was a fun night" he says and you stop dead in your tracks, anger bubbling away inside you.
"There is no way I willingly came home with you, you must have taken advantage!" You shout.
Eddies grin drops and is replaced with his own fury, how dare you accuse him of something so awful!
"Actually I think you'll find it was the other way round" he gloats and you scoff in response.
"Don't flatter yourself Eddie"
His grin returns but this one seems sinister and he steps a little closer to you, he knew the truth and he knew in time you'd know it too. He just had to be patient.
"Look, I don't like you and you don't like me but facts are facts. You came on to me and I was all too willing to show you the night of your life" he spits, your flaring nostrils and murderous expression giving him all the satisfaction he could ask for.
You storm out of the trailer and into the cold Hawkins morning, the air clearing your lungs but making your head hurt more.
You start the slow walk from the trailer park to your home, frantically trying to piece together the night before and push through the lost hours to work out how you ended up here...