Heat Of The Moment

"One thing led to another, we were young, and we would scream together songs unsung"
Heat of the Moment- Asia
***************************

"Are you sure this is safe?" You ask as you carefully inspect the brownie Eddie has just handed you.
"Why would I feed you something that isn't safe?" He responds.
"Because you're twisted" You reply with a wink but still you take a bite, albeit a reluctant one.
"You can't even taste the weed!" You exclaim before taking a bigger bite then opening your lips and showing off a mouthful of chewed up food and Eddie looks disgusted.
"How are you still single?" He asks with a grimace.
"No guy could handle such perfection" you tease and he snorts a laugh before finally taking a bite himself and he can't help but feel a bit of pride at how good they are. In all the years you've known him you didn't know he was such a good baker and it was obvious he didn't know either until tonight.

You and Eddie had been best friends since you were kids, you'd grown up next door to each other before he moved across Hawkins and in with his Uncle on the trailer park after his mom left town. You had both worried your close friendship would suffer but in truth you were closer than ever and Eddie always came over on evenings your mom was at work and you'd both get high in your room.

You'd done everything together as kids, inseparable your parents used to say, and your interests all seemed to align at the same time. You shared birthday parties (at both of your request), You both loved horror movies and all the same bands and you'd both taken guitar lessons together but you quickly gave up when you realised you didn't have the finger dexterity Eddie did but one of your favourite pastimes was watching Eddie play, especially when he showed you the songs he'd just learnt or the new song he'd written and the passion behind his excitement each time never failed to make you smile.

A few days ago your mom had commented on smelling pot around the house and thankfully she believed you when you lied and said you'd had the windows open and someone was smoking outside but there was only so many times that would work, so Eddie had come up with a new idea to bake it into brownies. No smell and you could still get stoned. Win win!

"I'm not feeling anything" Eddie says as he lies across the entire length of your bed and leaves you to sit scrunched into the corner.
You nod in agreement and grab another one from the tupperware pot he'd bought them over in.
"Maybe we just haven't had enough?" You say before you cram the whole brownie into Eddies mouth.
He sits up and chokes the brownie out into his hand then he looks at you with an evil grin as you scream at him not to even think about it. He contemplates for a moment and to your relief he just shoves it back into his mouth, deciding not to waste the food or the weed.

You both eat a couple more each, waiting for the effects to kick in but there's nothing.
"Are you sure you put any in them?" You ask as you study one "I can't smell or taste it at all, I'd heard pot brownies taste gross because all you can taste is the weed"
"I'm not an idiot, of course I did. I put loads in" he snaps.
You start to giggle, uncontrollably "You are a bit of an idiot though" you laugh and Eddie flicks the bottom of your foot at the insult, leading you to kick him in the ribs.
"Ow!" He screeches, causing you to giggle more and as you roll onto the bed, tears falling down your face from the suddenly hilarious situation, and Eddie starts to giggle too you think maybe it's starting to kick in after all...

*******

"Fuck, I'm tired" you say while you both lie on your bedroom floor, top and tail, staring at the posters on your bedroom ceiling until your eyes had been on your Iron Maiden poster for so long 'Eddie the Monster' was starting to look like he was moving.
"Hey Eds. Do you think you were named after him-" you point up at the poster "-or was he named after you when Iron Maiden saw what an ugly baby you were" you giggle and Eddie leans over and bites your bare leg in response, making you squeal.
"You were the ugly baby. At least I grew into my handsome hood looks" he teases causing you to shove your foot in his face, something he hated you doing, and you torture him with it for a few minutes until he starts to tickle it until you retreat.
"I'm tired too. Do we have time for a nap before your Mom gets home?" He yawns.
You check your watch, you had a good few hours yet.
"We've got time" you say as you get up from the floor, needing to steady yourself when the room spins as you try and find your footing.
Eddie doesn't move from where he is so you throw a pillow down to him along with a blanket before you pull your jeans off and quickly slip under your covers, so ready to sleep off the dizziness.