Animals

"Don't cry to me because the fiction that we're living in says I should pull the pin"
Animals- Architects
**********************

You sit on the large couch by the swimming pool alone, looking through the windows at the packed house full of drunk teenagers and think about how fucking typical of Jason this is. As soon as his parents went away you knew he would throw a rager and you knew it would be a big one, just another chance for him to feel like the king of Hawkins High, but there were people here you knew Jason didn't even know and he was rubbing necks with people he bad mouthed constantly and you cringe at how blatant his hypocrisy is.

Since you and him had become a couple it had become glaringly obvious the image he portrays to the rest of the school is an illusion, this nice, sweet jock that had all the teachers wrapped around his finger was no more than a character and behind closed doors he was awful, he was belittling and sometimes just downright cruel. It became clearer and clearer everyday that the only reason he'd even asked you out is because you were fresh blood on the cheerleading squad and a conquest he could mould into his own doll, he'd even demanded you come in your uniform tonight after you showed him what you really wanted to wear.
"All the other girls are wearing theirs!" He'd shouted until you relented, in fact it felt like that's all you did these days, relent and give in to him. He didn't care about you or your autonomy, you were a trophy to him and nothing more.

As you look through the windows you see different pockets of cliques and it feels like you're watching some god awful teen comedy playing out.
Your gaze skims over other cheerleaders fawning over the basketball team, the party crowd getting drunker and drunker by the second, the stoners rooting through the fridge eating anything they could find, even the nerds were here huddled in a corner buzzing about being at a party and you knew they didn't give a shit that it was being thrown by the biggest douchebag in school.
You eventually find Jason stood the other side of a large, glass panelled sliding door and see he's standing with Chrissy... again. If he thought you didn't know about them then he's an even bigger idiot than you'd given him credit for, he wasn't even really trying to hide it anymore.
You watch as she laughs, patting her palm on his chest and moving closer to him with her body language smacking of someone deeply flirting. You roll your eyes, this farce of a relationship you'd found yourself in was becoming no more than a show to you anyway, she was welcome to him.

You look down at your uniform, one that had made you so happy to have before, now it felt like nothing more than a prison uniform, just a cliche fetish for Jason to abuse when he felt like it.
"Room for two more?" A deep voice asks and you look up to see Billy Hargrove and Eddie Munson stood in front of you, looming over you as they both wait for an answer.
"Be my guest" you mutter before looking back down at the floor.
They sit either side of you, their legs pressing against yours and pushing them closed as they stretch out.

Typical men

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt" Eddie says, pointing at the sight of Jason and Chrissy looking even cosier now with her hands firmly planted against his chest as she looks up at him adoringly.
"You'd think wouldn't you? But no" You snort.
"The words of a woman scorned" Billy grins as he lights a cigarette.
"Oh most definitely" Eddie replies and you look between them both, your face scrunched in disgust at the idea of you feeling anything more than indifference about his blatant cheating.
"Why are you both here? You hate Jason and he hates you" you snap.
"Nothing wrong with crashing a party is there?" Billy asks as he blows a cloud of smoke in your face.
"Bit pathetic though, isn't it?" You laugh sarcastically while you try to suppress a cough, you know you're being rude but you don't care, who the fuck are they to assume you're bothered by fuckboy Jason and desperate Chrissy?
Eddie and Billy look at each other, both clearly amused by the venom spewing out in your tone and their eyes shine with delight as the normally sweet girl trapped between them shows her talons.