(5) Drinking And Jelousy

TYLERS POV

Now that daddy was gone I wasn't sure what to do. I could tell this other guy felt the same way. I didn't even know his name yet, or why he was here or for how long. Did daddy have a son he never told me about? A million thoughts raced through my head as I tried to figure out who this guy is.

I decided the only way to know is to ask him. He made me kind of nervous though. He isn't too much bigger than me at all, but I still don't know him. You can tell he came from money. I could see it in his face when we were walking to the train in Belmont. He probably had never even been to the Bronx before.

He was kind of nice when I asked about Mr. Coconut but he also seemed like it was weird that I was talking to him. I can't really gage if he wants to talk too or if he wants to fight me. I wonder if he knows anything about me?

I finally looked at him to say something and immediately regretted it. I looked at him for a moment and he looked back at me confused. I got nervous and like of blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"I know where he hides the alcohol." I said immediately wishing I hadn't. Maybe I wanted to show him I wasn't a loser or something. I don't even know why I said it, but he seemed happy about what I said.

"Oh! Cool... so do you like wanna drink? What if John finds out?" He asked me sounding concerned but not enough to say no.

"Uh, he won't. He doesn't drink very often. I doubt he will notice."

"Shit... alright! I'm in! After the last couple of days I've had I could use a drink!" He said excitedly standing up from the couch.

"So uh.. what's your name? Im Tyler. John's my uncle." I said hoping he would offer up more details about why he was here. It was weird referring to him as John but i didn't know if he would understand.

"Oh I didn't even think of that. My name is Mark. I uhhh... my dad is friends with John." He said like he was hiding something. I'm not sure what his dad being friends with John has to do with him being here but I didn't want to push things too far too quickly.

I led him over to the top corner cabinet and opened it. I could tell he was confused because there seems like there was only a few cups in there.

"There a button on the inside that opens a secret compartment where he hides it. Here watch this."

I felt around for a moment trying to find the button. Once I found it I pressed it and it makes a clicking noise and revealed the other side of the cabinet where there were several bottles of alcohol stored.

"Dude! That's so freaking cool. How did you find that?" He asked clearly excited.

"I uh, I saw him do it once when I was younger. He doesn't know that I know about it."

"Damn. Well let's start drinking then before he gets back. What should we drink?"

"I like vodka." I said lying. Vodka was the only one I recognized, so I went with that.

"Sounds good to me! We can pour it all into a big cup and save it since there a lot of it! We'll just fill the bottle with water so it looks like it's still full. I used to do it all the time at home!" He said excitedly as he grabbed the bottle and started looking for another bottle to hide it in.

After we poured it into a large cup with a lid we filled the bottle back up with water and stuck it back into the cabinet. I started feeling the excitement too seeing as there's no way daddy would find out.

"Cheers!" He said before taking a big swig from the cup. He scrunched his face and swallowed hard before laughing and handing it over to me.

"Go ahead! Tastes like shit hahaha." He said handing me the cup.