Chapter 3

Purgatory.

After finally running away from the mummy, everyone is in a room, safe, with locked doors.

"What the hell just happened?" Jenna asks. "Derek, what did you drag us into?"

"I don't know. But that mummy looked like it wanted to kill is." Derek responds.

"Ryan, what else can you tell us about this place?" Lori asks.

"That there are nine keys that are needed, to open some safe in the room the mummy ran us out of, and that there is something inside that can set us all free. That's all I know." Ryan responds.

"Guys, I'm really freaking," Wynter said, messing with her fingers.

"It's going to be okay. Derek will get us all out of here. Right?" Willa looks at Derek for reassurance.

Derek starts to stutter, "Y-Yeah. Of course."

"It sounds like you're not so sure." Corey said.

"Right now, I don't know what to think. I was in a rescue mission to save you all, now I'm on a mission to save myself." Derek said.

"We don't have time for this. Right now, we need to get out of here," Hayley said.

"Agreed." Davina says.

Derek unlocked the door, and he slowly opens it, before looking around making sure the mummy isn't around. When the mummy is nowhere near them, Derek tells them and they all start running down the hallway, back to the room they were chased out of.

When they get there, they see cards of their faces, stacked on a table.

"What the hell?" Wyatt said. "What is all of this?"

"Us. All of us," Alec states. "What are these for?" He asks Ryan.

"For hundreds of years, The Collector of the dead has been stealing souls of monsters and storing them inside her museum in purgatory. You are her latest find and she would like to keep you forever. But there is a way out. Within her iron vault lies a cosmic sphere, which has power to reshape space and time. But the vault can only be open with then one jeweled keys, which are hidden among her exhibits. To retrieve them, you must unravel the evil mysteries of her museum and vote on two who must undertake each challenge that will end in a final death in hell — for which there is no return. But you all must hear, The Collector will be back with her most freighting exhibit yet." Ryan responds.

Everyone looks at Derek.

"We're all gonna die AGAIN, and go to hell forever. I already died a lot Derek, I don't want to die again." Davina cries.

"Trust me, I will make sure none of you die." Derek claims.

"Where is this iron fault?" Jenna asks.

"Right here." Ryan removes a painting in the wall,'to show the iron vault, with a slot for each of the keys, which are color coded.

"No." Lori cries.

"It's time to vote." Ryan said.

Everyone looks at each other, fear covering all of their faces.

"I'll go first," Derek said, as he picks up a card and shows them. "I'm choosing myself, I promised to save you all, and that's what I'm going to do." He hands his card to Ryan and she takes it.

One by one, they all pick their cards, giving them to Ryan once they're done.

"I will shuffle the cards now," Ryan slowly shuffles the cards, then she pulls, "Jenna..."