Chapter 9

The genie snaps his fingers after making Derek's wish. He vanishes leaving a key in his wake.

Derek grabs the key and turns it, that's when a pirate's flag comes down hanging from the ceiling.

"Whoa, what is that?" Wynter asks.

"It's a pirates flag." Ryan said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" A pirate comes in, holding a knife to a dead friends' neck.

Everyone looks shocked at the dead friend that is alive.

"It worked. My wish worked!" Derek said, being shock.

"Help me!" Corey cries.

"Okay, what do you want with him?" Hayley asks, the pirate that has a knife at Corey's neck.

"I want my man back," she said. "Give him to me, and I will let your friend go."

"I know where he is," Ryan said. "But it's gonna have to cost one of you."

They all look at each other knowing what Ryan meant.

They all nod, and one by one they all vote. Ryan shuffles and she pulls.

"Wyatt."

A gasp comes from Wynter.

"Hayley."

Hayley looks stunned, but only for a second because this is her first challenge.

"You got this," Derek tells Hayley.

"Maybe you both can come out of this alive," Wynter said with fear growing inside her.

"I hope so." Wyatt said.

Derek looks at the pirate that is still holding Corey. "We voted, now let our friend go."

"No!" She said. "Bring my man to me, and I'll give you your friend back."

Corey shakes his head. "No." He begs, "Please don't leave me with her."

Derek comes Corey a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, we have too. But do everything she says and she won't kill you."

"Follow me," Ryan leads everyone — including the female pirate and Corey — to where the challenge is supposed to be.

When they get there they see the damn the female pirate wants with his mates. They are by a lake that shows the bright full moon's glare, casting a nice feeling by looking at it. But the moments isn't nice, is terrifying knowing you might go to hell if you don't win.

Wyatt and Hayley goes up to the male pirate and his mates. When they all look at them, the man looks at the female pirate and already knows what she wants.

"Well, then let's see if you have what it takes to be a pirate. So those rafters on the lake," the pirate points to the rafters floating on the lake, moving with the small waves on the water. "Go to the other side and back. Winner takes the key, while the loser meets the devil."

After a long moment of silence, Ryan finally speaks up.

"Begin."

Wyatt uses his werewolf speed to get to the rafter. But Hayley using her vamp speed which is faster and she gets to the rafter first.

Hayley gets on and she starts using the paddle, and she uses her power to get to the other end.

Wyatt isn't far from her, he has more strength than Hayley, so he is getting closer to her, then he soon passes her. He makes it to the other end, and he starts going back to the direction they come from.

Hayley isn't far from him either, she knows she won't die from a couple of bullets, so she thinks about letting them think she'll die so her and Wyatt can both win the challenge.

But that isn't how it works, someone has to die. Someone has to go to hell. Someone has to win.

Hayley starts using all her human strength, werewolf strength, and vampire strength till she reaches the end.

She gets off the rafter and walks towards the man, she snatches the key from his neck, as he laughs.

"I like you," he tells her.

"Go to hell," she tells him in a cold voice, that can freeze hell.

"Fortunately your friend is." On cue, that's when Wyatt gets off his rafter. He stands on the edge of the paper accepting his fate.

"No!" Wynter cries. "Please don't do this."

The male pirate draws his gun, and aims it at Wyatt. "You'll be regardless to the devil." He shoots Wyatt four times, and Wyatt falls in the water dead.

The female pirate lets go of Corey, and she runs to the male pirate kissing him.

The others grab Corey, and they all run back inside the museum. Hayley puts the key in the vault and she looks at everyone else — mainly at Wynter.

"I'm sorry," she tells her.

Wynter doesn't say anything, she just nods her head knowing the rules of the challenge.