Chapter 6

Purgatory.

"I can't believe Davina's gone," Wyatt said, heartbroken.

"Same." Willa agrees, "Derek you have to do something."

"I don't know what to do!" Derek yells. "You are all dying, and I don't know how to help."

"It's okay," Hayley says, "We are all in this together. We just have to fight back."

They all nod in agreement.

"It's time to vote," Ryan says.

They all do their normal voting, as Ryan shuffles the cards, then she pulls...

"Willa."

"What?!" Willa gasps.

"Jenna."

"No, again? I already went, and had to watch Alec die," Jenna cries.

"Follow me, please." Ryan said.

When they make it to the area they are supposed to, Jenna and Willa start reading the note that is left for them. There is a sword in a stone that needs to get pulled out. The winner pulls the sword.

Jenna and Willa start to maneuver their way around, then the black knight comes. There is a light that keeps them safe from the black knight. They run into the light, as the black night starts coming.

Back inside the museum, Derek stands to his feet.

"Hayley is right! We do need to fight back. Let's go help the others," Derek walks out of the museum with the others following behind him.

Back at tbe challenge, the time for the challenge ends, and Willa and Jenna aren't done with their game to pull the sword from the stone.

"What do we do?" Jenna and Willa.

"I have no idea," Willa responds.

The black knight starts coming towards them, and they start running away with no light to protect them.

As the others come, they see them running around.

"What is going on?" Corey asks.

"No, no, no, no, no," Jenna begs as the black knight grab her by the arm and stab her on the side dropping her to the ground dying.

"No!" Wyatt yells as the black knight goes to Willa, then stabbing her through the stomach killing her.

The black knight starts stalking towards them and they all scatter, some to distract the night, and some to finish the game.

Hayley, Corey, and Wynter finish the game, and Corey grabs the sword from the stone. He walks toward the black knight, and stabs him while Derek and Wyatt was keeping him occupied.

Corey snatches the key and him and everyone else starts running away.

When they make it to the museum, Corey puts the key in the slot, turns it, then faces everyone else.

They all look at each other, shocked knowing two people has died in the challenge knowing that has never happened before.

Reality.

After another therapy session has needed, Jed goes to make coffee. Tara went with him, to talk about her experience with the school shooting.

"What did you think?" Jed asks her.

"It's definitely not for me," Tara laughs.

Ross walk towards the two. "Hey, Jed. It's been a while since I last saw you."

"Yeah, sorry, things have been kind of messy. But I'm back." Jed chuckles nervously.

Tara looks between the two, as they talk back and forth, obviously flirting.

Then Mia and Sky walk towards the three friends.

"Hi, Ross," Mia greets, "Figured you'd be here."

"Hi, Mia." Ross nods his head at Sky, "Sky."

Sky reciprocates the gesture.

"You three know each other?" Jed asks.

"Yeah, Sky is my best friend, and Mia is his little sister." Ross says.

"Oh..."

"How do you all know each other?"

"Me and Mia was in the school shooting, and one day she came over and brought Sky with her," Tara responds to Ross's question.

"Oh."

Charleston Library.

Peter and Talia are trying to find answers to what Kira had texted them a few days ago. They are trying to figure out how can Derek still be in purgatory for a few hours, while they are passing days.

"We know that my son went to go save his dead friends, and hopefully he's succeeding." Talia says.

"Agreed!" Peter agrees, "But how can we tell the difference between the two time zones, and the different universes."

"I don't know, but we need to figure out how to save Derek and everyone else."

"Who?" Peter asks.

"Derek! My son!" Talia yells.

"Parker is your only son."

"No he..." realization his Talia, "Parker is my only son... Then who the hell is Derek?"