Chapter 5

Parker's House.

There is a knock at the door, and Sam opens it.

"Heyyyy," Harmony says.

"Hey, Harmony," Sam greets. "Where's Rhyme?"

"She is at some boring cheerleading camp, so you have me."

"You came by yourself?"

"No my cousin came with me."

Astrid walks in, "Hi, I'm Astrid. Harmony's cousin from Lydia's dad's side of the family."

"Oh, hi."

"So, where is everyone?" Harmony asks as her and Astrid walks inside the house.

"Derek, Hayley, Parker, Laura, and Kira are out, Braeden and Cora are in the room with Everett and Cassie, Jed is out, and Eli is with Tara."

"What about Talia and Peter?"

"Trying to solve something for Derek, I'll tell Braeden that you're here."

"No need," Braeden walks down the hallway, "I heard her voice and I knew I had to come see you."

"Hi." Harmony runs into Braeden's arms and they hug. "I'm glad you're out of your coma."

"Me too. If only Derek was here." Braeden looks at Astrid, "Hi, I'm Braeden."

"Astrid. This is a lovely home you have."

"Oh this isn't my home, this is Derek's brothers home. Ours blew up, but it's getting rebuilt."

"Awkward, I'm going to go say hi to Eli and Tara. Come on Astrid," Harmony runs up and stairs with Astrid behind her.

Cora walks down the hallway, tired being in her eyes. "Everett and Cassie are finally asleep. I will kill Derek and Hayley when they get back.

"I will too," Braeden agrees. "But shouldn't they be back by now, it's been past the night they left."

"I don't know, Kira told me it's still dark where they are, she said it was midnight." Cora says.

"That is definitely weird, I'm going to tell Talia and Laura to look into it." Braeden goes to leave but there is a knock at the door. "Did you invite anyone?"

"No." Cora gets her claws out, and she slowly starts making her way to the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Mia."

"Who's Mia?" Cora asks Braeden.

The door opens, as Jed walks in.

"Sorry, I know them. Aunt Cora, Aunt Braeden, this is Mia and her older brother Sky. Mia was with Tara during the shooting."

"Oh," Cora and Braeden both say.

"I'll show you to Tara's room, Mia, and Sky you can just hang out with me and Sam," Jed gives the food to Cora, and he walks down the hallway with Mia and Sky following him.

Purgatory.

"What do you mean you killed her?" Hayley asks Davina.

"I had an idea, and I didn't think Lori was that close to our threat. I stabbed the man, and Lori was closer to him than I thought." Davina starts to cry more, "I feel bad, knowing how we both could have been alive right now, if I had just payed attention more."

"It's okay," Willa said as she hugs Davina, "It was a mistake, it wasn't your fault."

"It's time." Ryan says.

They all groan, and one by one they vote. Ryan does her thing with the cards and pull.

"Wyatt." Ryan pulls again... "Davina."

"Again? Really? For what?" Davina asks.

"Follow me please," Ryan said as Davina and Wyatt follows.

When they make it to their challenge, they see checkered tiles on the ground.

"You are the pieces in this chess game, move in the correct order, whoever wins stays alive, while the loser dies." The emperor says.

Davina and Wyatt go to their own sides of the tile, and wait for Ryan's command to begin.

"Begin," she says.

Wyatt steps forward on a black tile, while Davian steps sideways on a white tile. Wyatt already have his moves ready, while Davina is confused. She has never played chess, but her dark side would know exactly what to do since she fooled people.

Davina knows she will lose, so there is not point in trying. She still has regret about Lori, and she wants it to end.

"I'm sorry," Davina cries, as she takes a step back.

"No!" Wyatt yells.

"Ah, that's cheating!" The emperor, stands up and he gets his sword out. He doesn't hesitant to stand Davina with it, threw her stomach. He takes the sword out with Davina's blood stained on it, and she falls to the ground dead.

The emperor gives the key to Wyatt and he takes it, running back to the museum.

When he goes inside, he is walking now, realizing how he lost his sister.

Everyone gasps.

"She died? Again?" Wynter asks.

"Sacrificed herself." Wyatt puts the key in the slot and he turns to look at the others. "We're all gonna die, I know it. It's just best that we try to save the others."

"I promise you, no one else is gonna die," Derek tells them all.

"We lost three people already, Derek," Hayley said. "Don't make a promise, you know you can't keep."