𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

┏━━━ ❀ ━━━┓
𝐀 𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐦
┗━━━ ❀ ━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Monday, November 6th, 2017

"Do you ever feel like you're losing your mind?" Luce lays upside down in my bed, playing with the laces of my shoes as I prop them up on the edge of the mattress.

I reach forward from the desk chair I happen to be sitting in and take the joint from her hand.

I can feel the warmth of her skin as I take it, and the slight stickiness of the oil that's been used to roll it. I can smell the sweet, earthy scent of marijuana as I bring it up to my lips.

She looks up at me, her eyes wide and waiting for my response. I ignore yet again another stoner thought as I focus on my laptop that sits upon my thighs.

I can feel her disappointment as I remain silent, but I can't bring myself to care. She grumbles under her breath and reaches for my hand.

"Luce, stop it." I swat her hand away.

Her eyes sparkle with curiosity as she looks around the room. "You know, you're the only person that calls me that." She smiles, "It's like a secret code between us."

The last bit she said made me chuckle. She has a unique way of phrasing things that makes me smile and laugh. "You're so stupid," I say.

She frowns in response and shakes her head, clearly not amused. "Chill, I'm just joshing with ya." I shrug meaninglessly, pulling my shoes to the floor.

Clapping my laptop shut, I set it aside on the desk and rise from my chair.

I take a few steps away from the desk, shoes sliding over the white carpet and stretch my arms up high, feeling the tension in my back and shoulders slowly dissipate.

Luce swings her legs over the edge of the bed and sits up. She stares at me for a few seconds, her eyes searching mine, before she stands up and walks to the window.

"Hey, we should go for a walk!" She twirls around to ask, "Wanna go for a walk?" She's eager to take advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoy some fresh air.

I do not share her enthusiasm.

»»--- ❀ ---««

Lying in the grass, Luce and I watch as the clouds pass by. They drift slowly across the blue sky, morphing into different shapes, like animals, buildings, and even faces.

Feeling particularly zen, I close my eyes and let myself get completely lost in my imagination. It feels as though I am soaring above the clouds, flying like a bird, free and unburdened.

However, Luce's concern jars me back into reality, "Hey, you okay?"

Upon opening my eyes, I smile dreamily at her. "I'm great," I say. "The clouds are amazing."

Luce chuckles. "They're just clouds, (Y/n/n)" she says.

But I sit up and look at her, my eyes shining. "No, they're not just clouds," I reply. "There is a whole world up there, and they can see it all."

Luce shakes her head, but she is still smiling, even though she doesn't understand my perspective.

A pair of hands suddenly appear on either side of my head, and as my eyes settle on the new view, I see Wes's upside down face hovering above me.

With a mischievous grin and wild, curly hair falling towards me. "Surprise!" Wes yells.

I'm momentarily stunned, then I can't help but laugh at the silly sight. "What are you doing here?" I ask, still giggling.