𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

┏━━━ ❀ ━━━┓
𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
┗━━━ ❀ ━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Monday, November 27th, 2017

12:37 am

The cold, eerie air envelopes me as I stand amidst the decaying walls of the abandoned building. My heart races with both excitement and trepidation, for tonight is the night we played hide and seek in this haunted place.

If I remember correctly Wes drew the short straw and is now on his search for any sign of hiding souls. I venture through the corridor, shadows dancing along the walls, taunting me with their fleeting movements.

And as I round the corner, my breath catches in my throat-there stands Lizzie, scanning the area with wide eyes, just as startled to see me as I am to see her.

"Gosh, you scared me!" I gasp, my voice barely above a whisper.

Lizzie's eyes widen momentarily, but then a roguish smile curves her lips. She reaches out, her hand gently grasping mine, and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry," she whispers, her voice soft and soothing. "This place gives me the creeps too."

A surge of warmth spreads through me at her touch, and with Lizzie by my side, the daunting atmosphere of the abandoned building feels less intimidating, and the game becomes an exhilarating adventure rather than a source of fear.

We move silently through the labyrinthine corridors, our fingers intertwined.

Without uttering a word, we quietly made our way towards the basement, our footsteps barely audible on the creaking stairs.

The air grows colder, and a musty smell permeates the dimly lit space. We find ourselves in a maze of old storage rooms, filled with forgotten relics from the past.

Giggling softly, Lizzie pushes me toward a secluded corner. Our laughter echoing off the damp walls. My foot catches on something hidden in the darkness, causing me to lose my balance and I stumble to the ground with a yelp.

The room plunges into darkness, consuming me in a shroud of uncertainty. I fumble for my phone, quick to hit the flash and the beam of light slices through the darkness, revealing the fighting sight.

A skeleton arm stretches across my stomach, cold and lifeless, as if it has come alive from a nightmare. The flashlight now trembles in my hand as I follow the bony arm, my eyes widening in horror as I come face to face with a complete skeleton.

A piercing scream shatters the silence as I scramble to my feet. "What the fuck!" the others come rushing down the stairs as I cling to her. The two of us staring into its hollow eye sockets.

"What's wrong!" He says.

"I heard a scream!" She says.

"Are you guys okay?" 'Another he' says.

Wes steps past and grabs hold of the skeletal remains, yanking it out of its position. As he does, the bones clatter against each other, confirming that it's nothing more than a lifeless prop.

"Aww, did the spooky skeleton scare you, lovebirds?" Wes teases, a grin spreading across his stupid face. He playfully mimics the skeleton's pose, contorting his own body in an exaggerated imitation. "Oooh, I'm so scary!"

"Fuck you." - I say

"I think I'll name him Sir Rattlebones the III." Wes declares, slinging the plastic arm over his shoulder with a carefree smile. Somehow, I lost track of her, and now there's an icy chill in the air.