Chapter 3

* * *

<-Ping->

[07:23:05 AM]

* * *

I suddenly woke up from my sleep when I felt a painful flick on my forehead. 

"OW! What the--"

Dave interrupted my reaction. "Dude, we're at a viewing area! You gotta see the scene!"

"Waking me up for that? Okay."

Slowly getting up from my seat, I grabbed my Toolgun that fell out of my pocket and shoved it inside again. Getting out of the car, I fixed my outfit and looked around.

I saw a lot of tourists around here that are taking pictures of the hills at the observational point. Looking behind me, there are numerous stalls lined up on the parking lot selling like jewelry or something--I haven't checked it yet.

Opening up the menu, I decided to use the camera tool from the "Other" section to take pictures of the place.

"Mommy look! That man did a trick with a camera!" A child exclaimed when he saw me spawn the item out of nowhere. Oops, did I get caught?

"Sweetie, don't shout it out! He's probably just a hunter!" His mother exclaimed. "I'm so sorry about my child, good sir."

"Ah--It's no problem."

Now if you're wondering how am I talking to them so casually? Didn't I say before that I don't even understand Japanese right?

Well, I forgot to say it, but I said to my "Advisor" to give me a "passive language ability" or something that basically auto-translates every gibberish word I hear and word I see into English, and it also works the other way around. Pretty convenient, right?

If there's a secret camera following me that's recording my life, I wouldn't want the viewers to complain about the language barrier--

So with that out of the way, let's explore the place. I might get something interesting here.

Staring with the viewing point, I pointed my camera towards the hills and snapped a few photos before heading towards the stalls.

The area seriously looked like a market in a busy urban area. You know those fish markets or something? Eh, might not relate to the location but I don't know.

Entering in deeper to the place, I saw numerous stalls selling really interesting goodies lined up in front of me when I took a corner. Glowing gems, beautiful accessories, and deliciously looking food that I've never seen before.

Wait, is that a sushi stand? Oh-hohoho~ Man, I'm already hungry.

* * *

<-Ping->

[08:02:32 AM]

* * *

"Uh, dude? Are you seriously gonna have to carry all of that?"

"Why do you mind? I like having lots of things on my hands."

"Uh-I... but that's too much?! And where the hell did you get the money for all of that?!"

I giggled in a devious manner. "Oh~ just a little bit of a uh... duplication... and a little bit of trickery..."

"Isn't that like, illegal or something? What crime was that again--"

"Counterfeit."

Dave facepalmed. "See! You know it!"

"Pfft, they're not gonna notice. I paid in one full bill in each and every shop. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna talk to each other and say, 'Oh, this bill's fake! Let's get him!' - nah they're just gonna shove that in the cash register and go about their day."