01

Another Summer,

Meaning it's finally the start of a new academic year at Crownlake. Heeseung inhaled as he stood by the huge entrance, staring with nostalgia, it was still vivid how he first walked inside this home for the very first time. But, how can it already be his last year of academy? Time surely flew fast. With a heavy sigh Heeseung proceeded to walk in towards his room building, greating some students here and there as they noticed him. He walked down the busy hallway of the senior floor of academy dormitories. To his surprise there stood a person standing right in front of his room. His face lit up seeing Yang Hana in front of his door.

"I thought you will be the first one to arrive, looks like you were the last one to be." Hana rolled her eyes with a small smile watching her best friend putting his passcode. For Hana, Heeseung was a friend, more of a brother. But Heeseung was not ready to accept her as a friend only. She meant a lot to him. Love? Yes, that will be correct.

"Sorry Hana, I got up late, besides I can't teleport like some people." Heeseung gave her a knowing smile and she hit the back of his head.
Annoyed with the fact that he started teasing her the moment he arrived.

"I gotta look for a new bestie then. You unpack, I gotta go to my friends." Hana tapped his shoulder softly and headed downstairs. The tap she gives, it does encourage him. He knows that he stand no chances with her, but he needs someone to break the spell she has over him.

She should stop misleading me like this. Shall I be clear to her that if she continues this, I might forget we were like best friends?

"Please don't, it will sound more like a death threat." Heeseung jumped when he heard someone speak from behind him.

"Yah! Asakura Jo, who the hell approaches people like that! You took the living soul out of me." Heeseung calmed down and panicked once again when he realized Jo had just read his mind.

"Do that again and I will turn you into a freaking snail." Heeseung glared at he younger, making him laugh.

"Hyung I missed this kinda nagging. Welcome back to the academy. Wait, it's already your last year??" Jo's bright smile faded upon his realization.

"Yeah, what can I even do about it?" Heeseung shrugged and tried to hold a smile.

"Heeseungie hyungie~" said came a running Jake, the wizard glanced at his hands, still noticing the gloves on, meaning he still hasn't been able to control his powers. Jake was a very determined and capable being, but it was indeed weird how he will burn the school down if he don't have his gloves on.

"Hey mate, how are you?" Jake offered his fist for Jo to bump, the later cringed hearing him say mate.

"Hyung I'm a Kitsune, mate means different to me." Said and pretended to puke.

"What's with this gathering here?" The group slowly travelled to Heeseung's bedroom and settled down, only to be interrupted by a voice which they recognized to be a known werewolf. Oh, the door opened just to reveal two of them.

"I have a bad feeling really." Sunghoon said and piched the tip of his nose. The other's turned to him and gave him a questioning look.

"Mind explaining further?" Jake squinted his eyes at his friend.

"Well, he smelled 'em" Nicholas spoke and sighed.

"Being the son of the Alpha is no where near fun. My smelling sense is way too strong and it sucks."

"Well, what does 'em even stands for, Nicho?" Jo asked and Nicholas cringed at the nickname.

"Serpents, what else?" Nicholas said nonchalantly.

"They are maybe boarding outside and planning to get in." Heeseung laughed while putting the clothes in the closet.

"Hyung, when I said my senses are way too strong, I didn't mean these much strong! I feel like they are somewhere very near. Like inside the building." Sunghoon glared at the elder.

"Yeah yeah, as if that's possible."

"I'm not planning to be friends with any newbies, Serpent individuals have special powers. There's no way you can figure out which one is them." Nicholas said and Jo nodded knowingly.

"Well, my sister is joining, so except her." He smiled at the thought of Sera entering the academy.

"Woah, as in Wang Sera, the one who doesn't like other species at all!! The prettiest one?" Nicholas glared at the last remark of Jake.

"Yah! She will rip you open if you approach her and before that I will kill you if you think of hitting on her." Jake pouted because he knew Sera was a nice girl with a rather salty personality.

"I know right."