05

The lake was a pretty spot. With a bridge covered with flowers right in the middle. With lily and lotus floating around gently in the freshwater.

EJ felt energy and faith flowing through his veins each time he sat by the lake near a huge tree. He didn't mind the younger angels and fairies playing in the tree, but what he was paying attention was to the girl struggling to draw in her sketchbook, sitting just a few metres away from him. She was a newbie,  could say from her emerald green uniform blazer. EJ was usually a friendly and outgoing person, but he just didn't feel like reaching her side. Just admiring her hairs in a messy ponytail from working the whole day. Or her pink full lips which was forming a pout from all the frustration of not being able to draw what she desired.

The staring needed to be stop. The girl shot a glance at EJ's side. The guy didn't seem surprised, finally giving her a small smile. Was happy enough when she mirrored the action. He would've asked if she needed help, only if he could have helped her in a way. But his drawings would turn out to be terrorizing zombies from some horror novels.

"Having trouble concentrating?" He asked after choosing the correct words.

"A little, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you.EJ thought.

"Well, if you're not in the correct mind to draw, then just enjoy the view." Heavenly voice, angelic looks. An angel.

"It's no big deal. Wish I could help in a way." EJ settled down beside her, with a fair distance so that the girl wouldn't have any creepy thoughts for his impressions.

"If I just think of enjoying the view, I might not be able to capture this beauty in my sketchbook." The girl looked down at the skrtchbook and pouted.

"If you enjoy it well, it will be stored in your memories forever. Giving you a full chance of being able to recall the view whenever you feel good enough." The girl seemed to consider his words when she closed the half ruined page.

"I guess that will work well. I'm having trouble moving in. Got less friends, and above all that I almost broke my ribs in the training period. I have never prefered working out, and Miss Yuqi didn't have any mercy on me." EJ chuckled at her words, finding her adorable.

"I'll be your friend. Even if it's my last school year, we can still enjoy this year well, no?" EJ offered with a smile.

"I'm Enzy. I'm an angel. And you can obviously tell that I'm a freshman." EJ took her hand which she offered.

"Everyone calls me EJ, I'm a wizard. A senior, which you already guessed right." Enzy giggled when she realized the senior was mocking her. EJ was relieved that the girl was feeling better. The sun was setting, indicating that it was his time to listen to everything his stupid roommate has done throughout the day.

And as if speaking of the devil, he heard Taki singing a song near the bridge.

"Euijoo hyung~ listen what happened todayy!" And the last thing EJ remembered was waving a quick bye to Enzy as he was dragged by the younger male.

Enzy looked as the two figures disappeared. As the sun was setting the lights were already on. Giving a fresh new view to her eyes. She wondered if she could really be friends with the guy she met a few minutes prior. She remembered the words The serpent queen told them.

Friendship means trust, and having trust will only cause heartbreaks. We are serpents, we are here to rule, not to build friendship with our rivals. Mind it and work well to live. Or you have to leave the realm.