Chapter 65: Use Somebody | Perfect

Alexander

I'm nervous.

I was all up in my business, enjoying my boy cleanse when Teddy asked to kiss me. Yes, kiss me! What the hell is happening?

But who am I to deny him?

I mean, have you seen him? If you forgot about him, let me refresh your memory.

He's hot and I'm lonely. Plus, we had so much fun at the movies the other day. Honestly, I had a blast. He made me feel less awkward for being there with all the mated couples.

I kind of admire Ali for having the audacity to invite him in the first place, especially considering what Teddy was to Ben. It was a ballsy move, but I'm here for it. Way to go, Luna!

But that was then, this is now. Why did he want to kiss me?

I know I'm going to be mated today, probably, hopefully. Fingers crossed.

I understand that it would be the only chance he had to kiss me, I get that. I'm not an idiot, I know why he picked yesterday of all days to kiss me. Because it was the last chance for us to do so since none of us would kiss a mated person - and certainly not me.

Anyway, I get it. But I'm starting to think Teddy has a thing for unavailable men. First was Ben - who we all know couldn't be mated to him - now he picks on another soon to be mated person. I mean... the writing is on the wall.

Well, what's done is done. It was just a kiss. At this point in the game, it's the least of my worries. Honestly, I'm so nervous about my upcoming mate.

What if I don't like him? What if he's not my usual type? What if he's a girl?

Goddess forbids, I think I'd rather reject then be mated to a girl. I love women, but no thanks. I need the D.

I get downstairs for breakfast and my parents meet me with open arms and a lot of love. They wish me happy birthday, hug and kiss me. It was an all out celebratory breakfast.

I opened my presents and thanked them for it. At this point in my life, nothing material brings me any happiness more than the love I get from my friends and family.

I know it's a privileged boy thing to say, but it's the truth. Not that I don't appreciate my expensive gifts, I do. But what I appreciate the most are my supportive parents.

Especially after all the shit I had to endure this year with "Tristangate" and the abortion. In fact, when I told my parents I was up for valedictorian of the class, my mom cried. My dad told me he was proud of me.

Then he said something along the lines of 'I'm glad all that money we spent on tutors for you paid off'. Regardless, I'll take the win. I freaking need it.

"Are you nervous about meeting your mate?" - Mom asked me as we finished up breakfast.

"Wrecked." - I can't even bring myself to lie.