Chapter 15 - Visit To Georgia

Ashley's POV
Things with Luke's career are really starting to take off. I'm so proud of him for finally following his dreams. He deserves to be happy and I am too. Right now Jeff gave Luke the week off and we both decided that we would take a trip back to Georgia to visit both of our families. I'm really excited and so is Luke. He called Jordan last night and she's really excited to see him. She loves her uncle Luke that's for sure. I'm packing my bag right now while Luke finishes a few last minute things at the studio for a little bit. I continued packing until I was finished then moved on to Luke's suitcase as well. I put some t-shirts and a few button ups too. I also grabbed some of his jeans and his sweatpants or shorts for bed.

Right now he's at the store getting some snacks for the ride down because it does take a few hours. I laid down after I got all of Luke's things packed and grabbed an apple to munch on while I went online. I've been thinking about getting a little something for Jordan, Kelly and Luke's mom because they've all been so welcoming to me and it would be nice to do something for them in return. I searched online and found 2 really nice necklaces for Kelly and LeClaire, now all that's left is to find something for Jordan. I searched for a little while longer until Luke got home and then we got the truck packed for our trip. He put a few things in the freezer so it wouldn't go bad while we were gone then we left for Georgia.

*hours later*

We're finally back in Georgia and I'm so excited. Luke and I took turns driving so it wasn't that bad. "Luke where do you want to go first? Your mom's?" I asked.

"Is that okay with you?" He asked.

"Of course honey I wanna see them just as much as you." I told him.

"Thanks baby." He smiled as he turned onto the exit for Leesburg.

After a few miles we turned down the road to his mama's house. Finally he pulled into the drive and we got out. "Luke oh my god!" I heard her yell.

"Hey mama." He smiled as she ran over and hugged him.

"Oh Ashley it's so good to see you baby girl. How have you been?" She asked.

"We've both been doing good. Things in Nashville are going great." I told her.

"Oh that's wonderful honey. I'm going to call Kelly and tell her to come over with Lee and Jordan." She said as she ran back into the house.

I helped Luke unload the truck and we walked into the house with our things. His dad was sitting at the table with his wife. Luke's parents split after Chris passed away and he's now remarried. "Well look who it is." His dad smiled.

"Hey daddy, I missed you." Luke smiled and went over to hug him, his dad standing up as well.

They hugged and his dad walked over to me smiling. "And how are you doing sweetheart?" He asked.

"I'm doing well, I love Nashville and Luke takes good care of me." I told him proudly as Luke put his arm around me.

"That's my boy, I'm glad y'all are together." He nodded.

"Well you raised a good one. He's certainly a keeper." I smiled and looked at Luke. He looked down at me and kissed me real softly.

"Ashley honey are you guys staying over tonight?" His dad asked.

"Yes sir, I was thinking stay here tonight and tomorrow we would go to my parents house." I explained.

"Sweetheart that's okay, it'll be great to have you guys around for a day. You are always welcome here." LeClaire chimed in.

"I'm glad we're here too. I'm also anxious to see my parents after this too." I added.

"I bet they'll be thrilled when you guys go back there. I know I'm more than excited to have you guys come home." she smiled at me.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"Can you help me with dinner baby? Luke and Tommy are going out to the barn and I'm sure they are going to be hungry when they come in." She explained.

"Sure. What's on the menu tonight? I'm up for anything." I told her.

"I think so good ol' southern stuff, maybe steak and some corn, I'm not sure what else right now." She told me.

"Luke would get chocolate chip cookies a lot with dinner at school, those for dessert?" I suggested.

"Thank you sweet pea that's perfect." She smiled.

Luke's POV:
Daddy and I went to the barn while mama was talking to Ashley. "So how are you guys doing?" He asked me.

"What do you mean? We're good, she has been a little homesick, misses her parents and siblings." I explained.

"I imagine you've been the same way more or less?" He replied as more of a question.

"Well yeah I miss y'all. I know I haven't called as much as I said. I'm sorry about that." I sighed.

"It's okay son. How is your and Ashley's relationship?" He asked me.

"We're doing good, we have a fight every now and then but we always manage to get through it." I told him grabbing a beer from our fridge in the barn.

"Do you think she's the one?" He asked me as I took a swig of it.

I froze. "I don't know, I think so. I love her that's for sure."

"Have you talked to her father about this?" He questioned.

"Yeah but I haven't really asked. He just wanted to know if I want to, to which I answered yes. We're going to go there tomorrow or the day after." I explained.

"Boy you best ask him now before y'all gotta get back up to Nashville." He told me.

"I will, no doubt about it."

We continued talking but my mom called us in for dinner. That night Kelly and Jordan came by the house. Jordan was so excited to see me and I was more than happy to see her as well. She's the sweetest little girl and I'm wrapped around her finger. As we sat in the living room and talked, Jordan spoke up, "Uncle Luke are you going to marry aunt Ashley?" She blurted out.

"Jordan what did I tell you about saying that?" Kelly scolded.

"Sorry mama. Aren't you wondering too though?" She asked Kelly.

I looked at Kelly and our eyes met. "Yeah sweetie but it's not very nice to just blurt it out like that." She warned.

"Sorry Uncle Luke, sorry Ashley." She looked down.

"It's okay sweetheart."

We talked a little while longer before Kelly and Jordan left. The rest of us went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and Ashley was cuddled up to me in bed. I got up trying not to wake her and made my way downstairs. Daddy has left last night seeing as how he got remarried. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge from mama.

Luke,
I've gone into town to get a few things. There's breakfast in the pan still just take off the lid. I don't know when you guys are leaving but if you leave before I get back I just wanted to say I love you both very much. Enjoy the food sweetie.
— Mama

I went to the pan and got some eggs. There was also bacon on a plate beside it. I warmed it up in the microwave and put some coffee on. "Ashley you up yet?" I hollered.

"Yeah I'm getting dressed." She hollered back.

She came downstairs and we are breakfast together and packed up all our things. I left a note for my mom and we packed the truck before beginning the half hour to her parents house.