Chapter 7: Back at School

Luke's POV:
Ashley and I are back at school and things are going pretty good. We don't have that many classes together but we also talked and decided to move in together so I hope that works out. We decided that since she lives by herself in her dorm that I would move into her place for the rest of the year. The tough thing is, at the end of the year after I graduate, I'm thinking about moving to Nashville. I just hope she isn't upset when we have that conversation. Right now I'm back at our dorm waiting for Ashley's last class to finish. I've been really tired this week so I decide to take a little cat nap before she gets back.

Ashley's POV:
My classes are going about as well as could be expected because well it's school. Luke and I are living together and I couldn't be happier with him. He's the sweetest guy ever, always making sure I'm happy before anything else. Finally my last class was over. I walked back to my dorm and when I opened the door I saw Luke asleep on our bed. I smiled as I put my stuff down on my desk. I was tired too so I decided to change into my sweats. I took one of Luke's shirts and put it on before crawling into bed with my handsome man. He smelled so good even when he's sleeping. I felt him wrap his arm around me and kiss my neck.

"I love you baby." He whispered.

"I love you too." I smiled.

*next morning*

I woke up, rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock; it was 8:09 am. I looked at Luke and he was still asleep with his arm tight around me. I tried to slip out of his grip but he just pulled me back in. He stirred and moved but didn't wake up.

"Baby stay here." He whispered.

"I'm hungry though." I giggled.

"If I let you up will you make some eggs for us?" He asked and opened his eyes.

"Of course." I smiled and kissed his nose and lips.

"Deal." He moved his arm and smacked my butt as I got up.

"Hey watch it mister." I scolded playfully.

"You're my girlfriend so no I'll slap your butt whenever I want to." He smiled at me.

"Oh whatever. You're crazy." I giggled.

"Hey! Take that back." He told me.

"No. Now sit still or you won't get any breakfast." I warned.

"Fine." He sighed and laid down.

I knew he was staring at my butt still so I decided to tease him and strut around in my gym shorts while I made breakfast.

"Baby it's really not nice to do that to me." He smirked.

"Yeah well you tease me too. Karma's a bitch babe." I smiled back.

"You're really lucky I love you." He smiled that big toothy grin.

"I love you too baby." I went over and kissed him.

"Do you think your parents liked me?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. You're definitely on Ryan and Bella's good sides. Bella had you wrapped around her little finger while we were there." I smiled.

"Bella is a mini you so naturally she loves me just like you do." Luke winked.

"That's a little cocky Luke." I said seriously.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way."

"It's fine." I finished making breakfast and Luke got up. We sat at the little table in his room and ate.

"This is good baby." Luke smiled at me.

"Thanks. So what do you wanna do today?" I asked.

"Do you wanna go see a movie or something?" Luke suggested.

"Yeah sure. But Luke can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yeah sure baby." He looked at me.

"Umm well see. I like hunting but I don't know how to shoot a bow. Will you teach me?" I asked. He smiled back at me.

"Anything you want sweetheart. Of course I can teach you that." He smiled real big.

"I love you Luke." I hugged him and began to tear up.

"Why are you crying baby?" He asked.

"Nothing I just. It's been a while since I've felt this good."

"I promise baby. I won't hurt you like whatever guy you were with before me. I won't hurt you ever. And if I do. I'll make it right. I don't wanna lose you baby girl." He was crying too now.

We hugged each other for what felt like hours. Finally I pulled away and looked up at him, put my hand over his cheek and smiled.

"Come on let's get ready." I kissed his cheek.

"Alright baby." I took a shower, washed my hair and shaved before getting out.

I decided to wear yoga pants, a t-shirt and my vans. Luke put on some jeans, his tennis shoes, a t-shirt and an under armour sweatshirt.

Luke's POV:
Ashley and I went to the movies and I decided not to go to a scary one because she'll probably cuddle with me anyway. I'm hoping that when spring break roles around we can go to Florida together because I really wanna spend time with her that's uninterrupted by family and friends like it was at Christmas. Don't get me wrong I love our families but there are all really nosey about us. I think her dad likes me though. After that talk about marriage with him I wanna ask her after I graduate or even before. I love her siblings. Ryan and I agreed that next time I come we'll go fishing together. He's a good kid I think we're gonna be good friends the more I see him.

I also promised Bella we'd take her shopping and get lunch just the 3 of us another day. She's the cutest little girl ever. I bet Ashley was just like Bella when she was that age. When we got to the theater Ashley wanted to see Rush Hour since she heard it's supposed to be a good movie. We got a bag of popcorn and some drinks and walked into the theater. It wasn't totally filled but there were enough people. We found a row near the back that no one else was sitting in and walked near the corner. Ashley sat to my left. After all those stupid preview things, the movie finally started. Ashley put her legs across my lap and laid her head on my shoulder.

I put my arm around her and had my other hand holding the popcorn so it didn't fall while the drinks were in the cupholders. Every once in a while I fed her popcorn and kissed her nose. She fed me some too as we laughed watching the movie. It was actually really good. The movie was over and when we got in my truck I noticed Ashley was shivering.

"Baby you're freezing. Here take this." I said as I took of my sweatshirt and handed it to her.

"But now you'll be cold." She replied.

"I'll be fine." I told her.

I started the truck and we went back to our dorm room. I'm so happy I have her in my life. I can't get marriage out of my head now and I think I'm gonna ask her dad for his permission next time we visit with her family. Right now I think we both need to focus on school, especially since I graduate this year. Now I gotta figure out how to tell Ashley.