Chapter 6: Christmas at the Johansen's

Ashley's POV:
It's the morning of the 26th and Luke and I are packing our things so we can head to my parents house. I can't wait to see my parents and my siblings. After everything was packed and put in the truck Luke and I made our final round of goodbyes with his family. Me and Kelly hugged and exchanged phone numbers so we could keep in touch. She's really become a wonderful friend to me. I gave Jordan a hug and she whispered into my ear that she really likes me and Luke together which made me smile. His daddy hugged me and said that he really enjoyed me coming down here with Luke. His momma said the same thing. I said goodbye to Lee and made sure we didn't forget anything.

Luke hugged everyone and then when he hugged Jordan she whispered something into his ear that made him smile and laugh a little bit. We made sure we had everything then rode off down the dirt road and got on the interstate. I lifted the middle console up and scooted as close to Luke as I could get. He had one hand on the wheel and the other on my leg. Damn Luther why does he do this when we're in the car? I leaned my head on his shoulder and my eyes grew heavy. I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and dozed off. I can't wait to be home with my family again.

Luke's POV:
We were on the road and I didn't know what exit to take so I pulled into a rest stop and looked at Ashley. She looked so cute but I had to wake her up so she can tell me where to go. "Baby." I shook her. She stirred but kept her eyes closed. "Baby come on. You need to tell me what exit to take." "Ugh fine." She sighed and sat up. "Get on the road." She nudged me. I sat there and smiled at her. "What?" She giggled. "Sorry you're just really beautiful." I smiled again. "You're very sweet Lukey." She giggled again. "Lukey? Really that's the best you could come up with?" I laughed. "Yeah." She smirked. She told me the directions and soon enough we were driving down a private road.

She told me when to turn and there was a shorter dirt road that led to a nice two story house. "Welcome home baby." I smiled and kissed her. She pulled away and jumped out then began running to the front door. I got out too, grabbed our bags and followed her. She frantically opened the door and walked in. "Momma! Momma I'm home!" She yelled. "Ashley!" I hear a boy yell from upstairs. He ran down and she engulfed him in a hug. "Hey buddy!" He hugged her and looked at me. "Who's he?" He asked her. "Ryan be nice. This is Luke, he's my boyfriend." She introduced us. Maybe I can take him huntin or fishin so he can get to know me. I hope he likes that stuff.

Ashley's POV:
Oh lord it is so good to be home again. My little brother greeted me and gave me a big hug. I swear he gets bigger every week. We were making small talk when my momma walked in from the kitchen. "There's my Ashley bug." My mother cheered. "Hi momma!" I ran over and gave her a hug. "Aww look at you. And who's this?" She asked when she noticed Luke. He put out bags down and was standing at the bottom of the stairs with his hands in his pockets. I smiled and walked over to him. "This is Luke. He's my boyfriend. Luke this is my momma Leanne." I introduced. "Hi Luke. Call me momma or Leanne. Well honey you're certainly a handsome one."

Luke laughed. "Oh well thank you ma'am. It's nice to meet you." He told her. "Hey where's my Bella boo at?" Luke and momma laughed. "Upstairs she was taking a nap but she might be up. Go see her." I smiled, grabbed Luke's hand, and dragged him upstairs with me. She's gonna love him. I went to her and slowly opened the door. She looked like she was waking up. "There's my Bella boo." I said as I walked up to her. She rubbed her eyes again and her face lit up when she saw me. "Sissy's back!" She squealed and stood up on her bed. I picked her up and gave her the biggest hug ever. She kissed me a lot and hugged me and I did the same.

She had me wrapped around her little finger since the day she was born. She had her head on my shoulder but lifted it when she saw Luke. "Sissy who's that?" She asked me. "Bella this is Luke, Luke this is my baby sister Bella." She smiled. "Hi Bella." Luke smiled and waved. "Hi." She said shyly. "Let's go downstairs." I smiled and she grabbed me tighter. "I missed you sissy." "I missed you too Bella bug." I chuckled at her. "Sissy can we go fishing?" Bella asked. "Sure sweetness. Can I bring Luke too?" I asked her and gave her a begging look. She paused for a minute and finally said, "Yeah, okay. Luke can come." "Thank you Bella." He smiled and laughed.

"Luke?" Bella asked. "Yeah sweetheart?" "Can you and sissy help me get a bass?" "Sure baby I'll do my best." Luke smiled. Bella started squirming. "Down sissy." I put her down and she went over to Luke. "Oh you want me to hold you now?" Luke asked sweetly. "Mhm." She nodded. Luke picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Bella is it okay with you that me and Ash date?" Luke asked. She nodded vigorously. "Alright good." He gave her another kiss on the cheek. She squirmed and he put her down. "Sissy I'm cold." She told me. "Come on I'll find you one of my big shirts again. You'll never be cold." I smiled.

I knelt down and searched through my bags. "How bout this one?" I asked holding up a pink one on the smaller side. "Can't I wear one of Luke's?" She asked. "Ask him B." I told her. "Lukey, can I? Pleasseee?" She begged. "Oh alright, but I don't want you to slip on it if it's too big." "I won't. I wear her big shirts." She said pointing at me. "Alright come here." Luke laughed. He looked through his bag. "What's your favorite color baby?" He asked Bella. "Blue." "Blue it is." He smiled. Luke then pulled a Dark blue long sleeve shirt with a camo under armour symbol on it." "Here you go darlin. Wanna put it on now?" He asked. She nodded and held her arms up. Luke slid it over her head and rolled up the sleeves so it didn't over her hands so much.

"There you go. Warm now?" He asked her. She nodded. "Thank you Luke." And after that she ran off. "I knew she would love you." I say. "I have a sister and I've had practice with Jordan. Kelly always gets me a few me shirts because Jordan tends to want mine a lot when I visit and then she has to secretly give them back." He explained. "Sounds like Bella." I laughed.

That night we had dinner with my family and they got to know Luke a lot better. Some of the things they asked were touchy subjects like about his brother but other than that everything went well. My momma absolutely adores him and so do Ryan and Bella. Bella has Luke wrapped around his little finger. After dinner I helped momma clear the table why Luke talked to my daddy. I heard some of it and it was the usual "don't hurt my little girl speech" but it's always sweet to know he cares. I was in the hallway when I heard my dad ask, "Do you see yourself marrying my daughter some day?" My heart stopped. We haven't been together that long.

I stayed where I was so I could listen to what Luke says. "Uh I wasn't expecting that." Luke tried to laugh it off but I knew he was nervous. "Well sir yes. It might not be soon but yeah. I wanna marry her and have a life with her. I know it sounds crazy but I swear to you. I'm in this relationship because I wanna be with her for a very long time. She's the most beautiful, smart, funny girl in the entire world. She's my world." I was about to cry. I decided to go in there with coffee. When Luke saw me his smiled faded a little. "What's wrong baby?" Luke asked. "Nothing, I just, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard what you said." I told him. He smiled and picked me up. "It was all true baby, I promise you that." He smiled.

"Luke I love you so much." I told him and hugged him tight. "I love you too baby." He kissed my cheek. "Wait I wanna hug too." Bella chimed in. "I think it's past your bedtime." I replied. "Ash can you and Luke tuck me in? Pleaseeee?" She begged. "How bout I sing you a song?" Luke asked. "Yeah! Song!" Bella squealed. "Go brush your teeth and get in bed and I'll be up in a minute." Luke smiled and kissed her cheek. She flew up the stairs. Luke and I said goodnight to my parents and went upstairs. Bella wanted to sleep in Luke's shirt and he was fine with that. We tucked her in and Luke and I both gave her a little kiss on the cheek. He began singing a song to her and she fell asleep about half way through. We turned the light off and closed the door.

Luke and I went to my old room and got changed. I laid down with my head on Luke's chest. I heard his snores and smiled as I fell asleep.