Chapter 8: Running To or From?

Luke's POV:
Today I'm planning on telling Ashley about me moving to Nashville. I was talking to my dad and he told me that I should go to Nashville and he's gonna fire me from the peanut mill anyway. I'm taking Ashley out on a little date and hopefully this doesn't screw up our relationship. I can't imagine life without her. She's my baby. She's my girlfriend. She's the love of my life. I can't even begin to think about how she'll take this. I really hope we can work through this because other than music there's nothing that matters more than Ashley. She and my family are all I have and if I don't have her support I don't know how I'll start a career in a whole new city.

*later that night*

I took a shower after my classes and was choosing what to wear. I decided to wear a dark red button up shirt, tight jeans and my boots. I gelled my hair since I decided not to wear a hat and put my phone on the charger. All I can think about is how I'm gonna tell Ashley about this. What if she wants to break up? What if she wants to stay here? Will she wanna make it work or is that going to be the end of us? All these questions ran through my head. I told her to dress nice and that she should be ready by 7. She told me she was gonna get her nails done and go to a friends dorm to get ready. Before I knew it there was a knock at my door. When I answered it there was my baby looking gorgeous as ever.

"You look beautiful baby." I smiled.

"Thanks Lukey." She came and kissed my cheek.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep. You?" She asked.

I nodded, grabbed my phone off the charger and made sure I had my wallet and room key before walking out with my baby girl. When we got to the truck I helped her in and we went to a restaurant. I told her to order whatever she wants. She smiled. We both got steak but different side dishes. I love Ashley so much I don't know what I would do if she wants to break this off. After we were done eating I paid and we left. She asked where we were going next but I didn't tell her. I really hope she doesn't wanna break this off. While we were driving she leaned against me and laid her head on my shoulder and rubbed my leg. Finally I pulled up to the lake and turned the truck off. "What are we doing here?" She asked.

"I need to talk to you about something. It's important." I replied.

"Okay what's up?" She asked.

"Well you know my graduation is coming up. And when I'm done with college I'm planning on moving to Nashville to pursue my music career." I explained.

She stood there with a blank look on her face. "Ash?" I waved my hand in front of her face. "Baby are you okay?" I asked.

"Luke, I-. I don't even know what to say about that. That's kind of a lot to take in." She replied.

I grabbed her hands and looked at her. "I know baby. And trust me I don't expect you to move up there with me. I just wanted you to know that's what my plans are." I told her and looked down.

"Luke, look at me." She said. I looked up at her and she placed her hand on my face. She smiled and ran her fingers through my hair. I began to tear up because I don't know what she's gonna say next.

"What?" I asked.

"Baby why are you so upset? This is what you wanna do isn't it?" She asked. I nodded in response. "Well then I think you should do it. Did you think I was gonna break up with you?" She questioned.

"Yeah it crossed my mind." I sighed.

"Well that's not what I'm gonna do. Tell you what, I'm gonna talk to my family and since they seem to adore you as much as I do, I don't think they'll have a problem with me moving to Nashville with you." She smiled. I looked up at her.

"Are you serious? Y-you wanna move with me?" I questioned.

"Of course." She smiled.

"Really?" My face lit up.

"Yes Luke really. I wanna be with you. And I want you to pursue your dreams. I know you'll make a name for yourself and I know I wanna part of that when you do. I love you Lukey." She kissed me softly.

"I love you too princess. I promise I'm gonna be the best boyfriend to you and you know, fiancé and husband when that time comes." I smirked.

"So how about we go talk to our families about this because they both need to know as soon as possible. I can't wait to have a life with you." She smiled.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked. She nodded in response.

"I was, I was actually supposed to move to Nashville a few years ago. Graduate high school, pack my truck up and go start my life at the age of 19, that was always the plan. But then Chris died. And my parents lost their oldest son. And I didn't want them to lose another one." I sniffled as I began to cry a little.

"So instead," I continued, "I stayed here at home and that's when I started at Georgia Southern University. I went to my classes in the mornings during the week and I worked at my daddy's peanut mill with him those afternoons and the weekends. But now, the time has come for me, and you. My daddy also kinda told me if I stayed he'd fire me so there's that but you know what I'm gettin at." I laughed and wiped the tears away.

"Baby I'm sorry about your brother. But hey there is some good that came out of that. You'll be graduating from college with a degree and you met me. Now look at us. I can't stay away from you for more than a night." She smiled and hugged me. "I love you Luke and I want nothing more than to do this with you."

I hugged her so tight and it felt like hours before she pulled away. "Ash what about you going to college?" I asked. "I can do it online or find a college in our around Nashville. That won't change anything." She smiled.

She had clearly given this some thought.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Now is the hard part: telling our family." She shrugged.

"I hope your daddy isn't mad about you leaving. You're his little girl." I answered.

"Yeah Luke but we'll only be a state away. He'll be okay." She told me running her hands through my hair. Time to go home and break the news.

A/N: I know this was all in Luke's POV but that's just what I wanted for this chapter! Vote and comment!