Chapter 9: Telling The Families

Ashley's POV:
After our date Luke and I decided to end the night. We decided since it was late that we would just tell our families tomorrow. We went back to our dorm and I changed into a pair of sweatpants and one of Luke's old shirts and he stripped down to sweats and no shirt. We laid down and Luke wrapped his arms tightly around me and soon enough I heard his little snores. I fell asleep soon after with a smile across my face.

*next morning*

I woke up the next morning and saw Luke wasn't there.

"Luke?" I yelled.

"In the bathroom baby!" He hollered back.

I went into the bathroom and heard the shower.

"Want some company baby?" I asked.

"I was waitin' for you to come in." She peeked his head from behind the shower curtain.

I began to strip down and finally joined my handsome man in the shower. We didn't do anything but the warm water felt amazing and his hands felt so good running up and down my body.

"You're so beautiful baby." He whispered.

"I love you babe." I replied back.

We stayed in the shower for a little bit but soon enough the water turned cold and it was time for us to get out. I found a matching bra and panties set and put them on. I grabbed Luke's shirt and brushed my hair so it would dry nicely.

We kinda laid around for the rest of the morning but then noon came so we decided to get dressed and head to out. We went to Luke's parent's house first because this is mostly about Luke's life and career.

Final we got to Luke's parent's house. He turned off the truck and came over to my side, smacking my butt as he helped me out.

"None of that inside mister." I smirked, playfully wagging my finger in his face.

"We'll see baby." He winked.

He kissed my nose and we made our way inside.

"Momma were here?" Luke hollered.

I heard footsteps and she met us by the front door. She hugged us both and we followed her into the living room which kinda connected to the kitchen as well. We made small talk for a little but I was kinda anxious to tell them. I think Luke is too but he's hiding his excitement pretty well. Before we sat down on the couch he whispered to me, "I called Kelly too because she's my sister and I want her to know too." I nodded in response and we sat down together. Tommy was laying on his recliner so I decided to help his mama make dinner while Luke and his daddy watched the football game. She and I get along really well and she's honestly like a second mother to me.

We were almost done with dinner when I heard the door open and went to see. I was met in the front hall by Kelly, Lee and the sweet little princess Jordan. She's so precious.

"Ashley!" She squealed when she saw me.

"Hi princess how are you?" I asked and gave her a kiss.

"Good. Where's uncle Luke?" She asked back.

"He's in the living room watching football with papa." I told her and she ran off before I finished my sentence. I gave Kelly and Lee hugs and we made small talk before making our way to the living room with the rest of the family only the be called into the dining room for dinner a short time after. Jordan sat between me and Luke just like the last time we were here. I kept looking at Luke every so often because he was dying inside because he wanted to tell them his decision. I could feel the tension in his body as he continued to eat and finally he said something.

"Okay I've been holding this in all day. I've made a decision and I hope y'all are happy about it." He sighed and took a breath. "I've decided that when I graduate this year, Ashley and I, well, we're gonna move to Nashville and I'm gonna pursue my singing career." He blurted out. The room was silent for a few seconds but his dad was the first to say anything after that.

"Boy I'm proud of you. I know you'll do well up there, been a long time coming." He said as he patted Luke on the back.

"Thanks daddy." Luke smiled.

"Ohh my baby boy you're finally gonna go after your dream. I'm happy for both of you baby." She got up and kissed his cheek and hugged me.

Kelly and Lee said something similar and Jordan was the last to speak up.

"Uncle Luke does that mean I won't see you anymore?" She asked him.

"No baby, I'll still see you as much as I can it just might not be as often. But I'll promise you this. I will always be here when it's your birthday and for all the holidays. I won't miss any of that stuff. Deal?" He asked.

"Deal." She squeaked and hugged him.

"I love you uncle Luke."

"I love you too princess. I'll never stop lovin you." He smiled and kissed her little nose.

It always makes me smile at how old he is with kids. I can't wait until were married and have our own kids. After dinner, Kelly and I helped mama clean up from dinner while Jordan and the men went back to watching the football game that was on. I peeked my head into the living and saw the most wonderful sight. All the guys were passed out; Tommy was in his recliner, Lee was asleep on the other one and Luke was laying on the couch with Jordan. Kelly asked mom if they could stay the night since it was getting late and she agreed. Tommy and Lee eventually went to upstairs to bed but Luke didn't budge and neither did Jor. I decided that it would be rude to wake them now so I covered them with a few blankets and carefully placed a pillow under Luke's head. I kissed his forehead and Jordan's and headed to his old room where I changed into sweats and Luke's shirt and crawling into bed. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

*the next morning*

Luke's POV:
I woke up the next morning and rubbed the sleep outta my eyes. I looked around and realized I fell asleep on the couch and that's when I felt Jordan's small body on top of mine. Now I know why they didn't wake me. My little princess loves to cuddle with me. She always has ever since she was a baby. I got up without waking up Jordan and went upstairs. I went into my old room and saw Ashley asleep in my bed wearing one of my old t shirts. I walked over and started kissing her. She began to kiss me back so I pulled away and saw her pretty eyes staring back at me.

"Good morning princess." I smiled and kissed her nose.

"Good morning handsome." She smiled and looked at the clock. "Shit I slept in!" She exclaimed.

I laughed, "It's okay baby you looked peaceful I didn't wanna wake you."

"I'm hungry." She said.

I laughed again and smiled at her. "Well let's get my baby some breakfast then." And I picked her up and carried her downstairs to the kitchen.

Jordan was still sleeping on the couch so I put Ashley down and went over to Jordan. She looked so cute holding the blanket, sound asleep but I had to wake her for breakfast.

"Jor wake up honey. Come on it's time for breakfast." I told her.

"I don't wanna get up." She whined.

"If you don't get up you won't get any bacon." I warned.

She sat up, rubbed her eyes and held her arms out to me. I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen where I sat her down in a chair at the table. Kelly fixed her plate and she began to dig in like the rest of us.

A/N: hey guys I wanted to know if you guys want one or two more chapters on them finishing school or if you want me to skip to graduation in the next chapter!!! Comment responses please!!!