Popular 🌸

Hi guys! This is a request for hell0_kk1tty and I hope you enjoy it! Sorry this took so long!

y/n: your name

l/n: your last name

c/n: crush's name

c/l/n: crush's last name

h/c: your hair color

e/c: your eye color

s/c: your skin color

c/h/c: crush's hair color

c/e/c: crush's eye color

c/s/c: crush's skin color

b/f/n: best friend's name

b/f/l/n: best friend's last name

"Stop staring at him, you creep," b/f/n says, catching you watching c/n across the cafeteria.

"Sorry," you mutter, looking back down at your pizza. You sigh dreamily. "He's just so...lookingatable."

"That's not a real word," b/f/n says, chuckling. "But I get it. Maybe you should talk to him," she adds.

You look at her, mortified. "And die inside when he ignores me?"

"He's not going to ignore you. He's going to fall hopelessly in love with you."

You snort. "I wish. We're just so different, b/f/n. He's so popular, and I'm so...not."

"Popularity is a scam. But if you won't speak to him, you're destined to just watch him from afar forever."

"Tragic. But it's better than speaking to him," you reply.

The bell signaling the end of lunch rings, and you and b/f/n head to your guys' next class, AP Biology. You two take your seats at the lab bench, of course sitting next to each other. C/n comes in a minute later, of course surrounded by his gaggle of friends. You can't help but watch him, then avert your gaze when you realize you're acting a bit stalkerish.

Your teacher clears his throat, and all eyes turn to him. "I have some news," he announces. "I've decided to assign an end-of-term project rather than a final."

There are some groans, and some cheers. He waits for them to subside before continuing, "And I'm going to be assigning partners."

Now, there are only groans. You and b/f/n share a sad look.

Your teacher begins to read names off of a list. You sit patiently, waiting to see who your partner is.

"Y/n y/l/n and c/n c/l/n," he says, and your heart freezes in your chest.

C/n?! you mentally exclaim. Ohmygodohmygodohmygod-

B/f/n squeezes your hand under the table. You can see her smirking at you out of the corner of your eye. You're too stunned to acknowledge her.

C/n glances at you. You feel your face burn under his gaze. He raises an eyebrow, and you immediately look away.

"Everyone sit with your partners and begin to discuss your project," your teacher commands.

B/f/n gets up to go sit with her partner, but you stay frozen in your seat. C/n waits for a second, then shrugs and gets up to sit with you.

"Hey," he says. "How are you, y/n?"

He knows my name?! Could this day get any weirder?

"Hello? Earth to y/n," c/n says.

"Oh-sorry," you say. "I'm fine. How are you?"