fake 🌸

So...I definitely disappeared. What happened was that I got sucked into an alternate dimension and only just made it back :(

All jokes aside, I'm glad to be back! This is a request for nayasweetstar ! I really apologize for the delay, and I hope that you like it!

y/n: your name

l/n: your last name

c/n: crush's name

c/l/n: crush's last name

h/c: your hair color

e/c: your eye color

s/c: your skin color

c/h/c: crush's hair color

c/e/c: crush's eye color

c/s/c: crush's skin color

b/f/n: best friend's name

b/f/l/n: best friend's last name

"Hello? Earth to y/n," a voice calls, snapping you out of your reverie. C/n smiles at you, his c/e/c eyes twinkling.

"Sorry. What were you saying?" you ask, trying not to get distracted again. But how could you not, when the biggest crush you had ever had was sitting right in front of you?

"I was saying that we should start studying for the math test," he says. 

"Yeah!" you exclaim, then cringe. "I mean, yeah. When do you want to meet up?" you ask, your heart beating like a drum.

"I'm not sure yet. I'll need to ask Xavier when he can come," c/n says, taking another sip of his milkshake.

You deflate. "Oh. Okay."

C/n peers at you curiously. "Is something wrong?"

"No." You sigh, then drain the last of your milkshake. And then c/n says something that makes your heart shatter.

"I've been thinking about Amanda (I'm really sorry if your name is Amanda. Just substitute this girl's name for another one) again." He grins and blushes slightly, and you almost liquefy and drip to the ground. Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but still.

"Amanda Richards?" you ask.

He nods. "Yeah. What other Amandas do you know?" He laughs. "And what other Amandas have I dated before?"

You swallow. C/n and Amanda had dated for an entire year before they broke up. C/n had claimed that the two of them had simply drifted apart, so you had thought that that was the end of that. But clearly, it wasn't.

"Oh. Um..." You didn't know what to say.

"Y/n?" c/n prompts, eyeing you.

"You should tell her," you say. The words are painful to get out. "I'm sure she misses you, too."

"Maybe..." c/n trails off, biting his lip. Then he looks at you. "Ready to go? I'll drop you off back home."

Back at home, you feel miserable. No matter how you try to distract yourself-books, movies, and ice cream-you can't stop thinking about c/n, and the way that his eyes lit up when he talked about Amanda. You know that as his friend, you should be happy for him, and should be enthusiastically encouraging him to win her back. But as the girl that's basically in love with him, you just...can't. You can't muster any ounce of joy or enthusiasm for him. The only thing you can muster is a feeling of deep sadness.