CH 2: The Big Day

*This one might be a little rushed but just know that I will edit it better later on. Hope you enjoy this chapter! And sorry for posting so late*

**************************************************************

I'm running

I don't exactly know why but as I let my feet take me to wherever I am going, I look around briefly only to be met with the pitch black hallways of the palace. Everything seems empty and cold.

"Run!"

That voice...

"Young Mi! KEEP RUNNING!"

Seems so familiar...

"Why aren't you listening to me!"

yet so unfamiliar at the same time

I stop running to figure out where the source of the voice is coming from. As a come to a halt I only then take notice that I was barefoot as my foot seems to step in something wet. I look down only to be met with a pool of red liquid.

Could it be.... blood?

As curiosity takes over me, I slowly move down to touch the strange liquid only to be pushed to the ground.

The liquid splashes all over my body leaving a red stain on my white night gown.

I look up ready to yell at who ever it was that had pushed me only to be met with a boy that I have never seen before. He shoots an arrow that only gets swallowed by the darkness. It wasn't aimed at anyone since we seem to be the only ones here however the boy seems to be focused on something as he keeps shooting more arrows.

From what I can see he has semi long black hair. His ears are covered in earrings and although I am on the floor, it seems like he could be just slightly taller than me.

Before I can reach up to tap him, he turns around and our eyes meet.

His dark brown eyes showing a look I have never seen given to me before. In the span of only a few seconds, he crouches down to my level and holds my hand gently making me feel something strange.

I look down briefly at his hands holding mine then back up to his face

He smiles warmly at me then opens his mouth to say, "It's time to wake up princess."

I tilt my head in confusion since his voice sounds way too light and feminine to be a guys voice.

He repeats the same thing and he starts to slowly fade away. Not yet wanting to let go of the warmth, I hold onto him for as long as I can until his warm hands turn into cold, damp dirt.

The once pitch black hallways turn into a bright white light

And I am brought back to reality as I feel water crash into my face making me sit up straight on my my now soaked bed. I start coughing and panting as some of the water had gone into my nose leaving a burning sensation in my throat.

As much I would like to get used to this morning call, it is really hard to do so when you are basically drowned in water.

"Rise and Shine!" A cheery voice says

I rub my eyes and look up at the girl that has been giving me a hard time for these past few years.

"Yuna, you sound awfully happy today," I say with a scowl

Usually a different maid from the palace does the water dumping however seeing Yuna here in the morning seems unusual.

"Oh come on princess... or should I say queen. Of course I'm happy my best friend is finally going to get her big day!"