Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The next day was torture. I wanted to see the little blonde again. Gale. No last name that anyone new of. Apparently no one knew who he was. Shannon and I had been asking around, but we got nothing. I was at fourth period, math, and so far he wasn't in any of my classes.

"Jasper! Dude!" Someone hissed to the left of me, disrupting my thoughts. I looked over at Danny, the source of the hissing. He was gnawing on the mteal part of his pencil, looking confused. I sighed. Here we go.

"Jasper, I don't get this." Danny complained. I sighed and took his paper to "help" him.

"This would be easy if you just paid attention." I said. Danny pulled a face and began to protest, but I cut him off. "You know you don't, so don't deny it." Danny frowned and palmed his face.

"I know, I know, but if I get a bad grade I'll be benched at the next football game. Coach Victor doesn't play around." Danny said before taking back his paper. I glanced around to see if the teacher caught us, but she was explaining a math problem to a student. He pretended to pay attention while he checked out her boobs. Gross.

Someone bumped into the back of my chair, causing me to jolt forward. I looked up and saw Ashton Little, goalie for our school's soccer team. Danny noticed him too. Oh no.

"Watch where you're going, dipshit!" Danny snapped at him. Ashton narrowed his eyes and took a step towards Danny.

"Shut the fuck up, Fisher, before I shove my fist down your throat!" Ashton growled back, which was actually pretty humorous. I doubt he could even reach Danny's throat, he's so tiny. His last name is Little for a reason. The football players called him Chicken Little.

"I would threaten to do the same, but we all know how much you love to have things shoved down your throat, faggot." Danny snickered, and all the other football players in the class snickered. I flinched. If he only knew.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I wouldn't touch a dick, especially one as small as yours, with a ten foot pole." Ashton shot back and some soccer players laughed. I rolled my eyes as they went back and forth.

The football team and the soccer team have hated each other for as long as I remember. I don't know why, and I'm pretty sure they don't either, but it doesn't stop them from fighting constantly.

Finally, the bell rang, ending the argument, and we all headed out for lunch.

"Sorry about that, by the way. I didn't mean to bump you." Ashton apologized on his way at and I nodded. He was a really nice person and I'm pretty sure he and Danny would be great friends if it weren't for the rivalry between their two sports.

Danny and Ashton glared at each other before they left the classroom. The football players went one way and the soccer players went the other way.

Danny and I walked down the hall, occasionally saying hello to a few people. Girls gazed at us with desire, but we ignore them.

I ignored them because, well, I'm gay. Danny ignored them because, well, I actually don't know why he ignores them. He could probably have any girl in our school. Hell, he could probably take a hit at a few guys as well. I couldn't be the only closet gay here.

We entered the cafeteria, automatically dodging to left as pasta was flung at us. The class clowns grinned at us while one shouted an apology. I guess they're waiting for someone to walk through. Whoever they were, I felt bad for them.

"Idiot." Danny grumbled at the one who threw the pasta. I chuckled and headed for the lunch line. Unfortunately, Shannon and I can't always eat lunch, so we have to suffer a day or two and hope we live to see the weekend.