Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I yawned and rolled over in bed, burrowing my head deeper into my pillow. The cold air hit my bare skin, and I shivered away. Seeking heat, I reached for my Jasper, but my hand fell flat onto the still warm sheets where my boyfriend used to be. I smiled fondly at the thought. My boyfriend. And to think I was so reluctant to be with him. I didn't regret falling in love with Jasper at all, and I knew he'd never make me regret it. We were meant to be together.

I wanted to stay in the comfortable confines of Jasper's bed, but as I began to drift back to sleep, his phone started to ring. I checked the caller I.D. It was Shannon. I sighed, cursing her for ruining my pleasant sleep, and grabbed the phone, and went downstairs. Jasper was leaning against the doorframe, talking to someone, who sounded ready to strangle him. I went down the hall and was going to tap him on the back, when I saw who was at the door and froze.

"Gale!" He exclaimed and shoved Jasper out of the doorway. "You said he wasn't here, you bastard!" Jasper groaned.

"You have some seriously bad timing, Gale. I almost convinced him you were gone." Jasper groaned. I put Jasper's cell phone on the coffee table before stepping outside and closing the door behind me.

Why are you here?, I signed. Jasper went to translate, but Tobias surprised me by responding on his own.

"I'm here to take you home. You belong with your family." He answered and I rolled my eyes.

Family? You mean the one that turned their backs on me? The one that called me disgusting and told me I was a shame to their name? The family that wouldn't even look me in the eye when I begged them to speak to me? The one that pretended I was invisible when I came home after a day of dirty looks and hurtful words? Are you talking about that family, Tobias?

"Gale, stop being so f*cking dramatic." Tobias sighed, rolling his eyes. Jasper awkardly slid back into the house, giving us some privacy, but I knew that he wasn't going to go too far. 

Oh, so wanting my family to love me for how I am is dramatic?

"No, but running away from home is." Tobias shot back. "And it's immature. I mean, seriously, Gale? You know Mom and Dad love you. They just don't want to watch you make a mistake you'll regret."

Being gay isn't a mistake, and even if it was, it isn't something I can just fix. If you guys would just listen then you-

"Why the hell should we listen to what you have to say when you turn your head and sob at every word we say. Everything Mom and Dad do, they do it because they love you. Our reactions may have been harsh, but they were expected. You wouldn't have kept it a secret if you didn't expect our reaction."

Expecting my family to hate me didn't make it hurt any less, Tobias.

"You aren't listening-

Well, maybe I don't want to listen anymore! Maybe I'm tired of listening to people telling me what is wrong and what is right. What I should do, and what I shouldn't. That isn't our parent's choice, and it isn't your choice.

"Until you're eighteen and mature enough to handle things like the adult you claim to be, it isn't your choice, Gale." My brother said, folding his arms impatiently. "Now shut the hell up and listen, and maybe ill consider doing the same. Mom wants you to come home. She misses you and is willing to forgive you for running away if you forgive her for the horrible things she said. Her words. She also says that she wants you to come of free will, but if you choose not to come back, I have permission to drag your ass home."

What about you?, I asked. Tobias frowned.

"What about me? I'm not apologizing for anything I said and I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with you being gay, because I'm not. Not to mention, you lied to me. You snuck around with that prick, Damian, and look where it got you."

I don't regret where I am, and if doing it all over again meant I'd be here, I would. Here, people actually like me. They actually care about me. I have friends who don't mind if I'm gay, a boyfriend who loves me, and-

"Woah, wait a minute. Boyfriend?" Tobias snapped, shocked, and I nodded slowly, leaning into Jasper's arms. "Wait, is your boyfriend that dumbass?!" He pointed at Jasper, who was innocently coming back outside to offer Tobias soda. Jasper froze, eyes wide with his hands held up, Mountain Dew in one.

"Uh..." He started but Tobias shot him an icy glare until he closed his mouth and cleared his throat.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You can't date him!" He snapped at me. "He's like my age. You're too young!"

"I googled it, actually. Legally, Gale and I can date according to the state of New York." Jasper offered helpfully. Poor Jasper. That set Tobias off and he lunged forward, grabbing Jasper by his collar, and shoved him against the house window.

Tobias!, I signed furiously. Stop it!

"Look here you little shit, I don't give a damn who the hell you think you are, but I'll let you know right now that I'm not someone you want to piss off. And don't think that just because Gale has been staying with you that he's yours, because he won't be here much longer. I suggest you say your goodbyes now."

At that point, I pushed in between them and shoved Tobias away from Jasper. Jasper didn't look nervous or scared, just a little surpirsed. I stood between them and glared at Tobias, holding Jasper's hand tightly.

Leave him alone, Tobias. If I was going to come home, I'd still be dating Jasper.

"Oh, please." Tobias chuckled bitterly. "Mom and Dad wouldn't let him take a step into the house."

Then I'm not coming home. You tell them that I'm gay and I have a boyfriend, whether they like it or not. And until they can accept that, I'm not going anywhere. With that, I tugged Jasper into his housed and slammed the front door on Tobias' face. I watched through the peekhole until he was gone. I sighed and turned my back to the door, sliding to the floor and leaning against it. Jasper kneeled in front of me and took my hands.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded. For once, it was the thruth. There was no panic or fear setting in, nor was there regret or sadness. In fact, I felt excited. I stood up to my brother. The one person I had tried so hard to impress. A part of me still wished he would accept me, but the other part, the stronger part, didn't care if he never did, because I have plenty of people who accept and care about me. I slowly stood and Jasper stood with me.

Can we go eat breakfast now?, I signed and Jasper smiled.

"Yeah, come on."

-

Sorry it's so short and boring, but I've been suffering from writer's block. I know what I want to do, I just have no idea how to put into words. But have no fear, because I shall overcome said writers block and conquer the next chapter as soon as possible!

ALSO!  Shout out to Amyscence A Little Insane, and you all should totally vote for it in the Horror category Watty Awards because it's uber scary and really good ;) And maybe, Wattpad will FINALLY recognize boyxboy stories are just as awesome and well written as boyxgirl stories, and will FINALLY make us our own category. So go vote! NOW. 

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

You do your thing, and I'll do mine ;)