Chapter 8: Phony.

Y/n yawned on his way to school. he was, once again, tired from having to patrol the city last night. as he walked to school, his phone suddenly vibrated which indicated a notification. He took his phone out of his hoodie pocket and saw it was a notification telling him that a certain live streamer was live right now.

Y/n: oh god...It's screwball.

Screwball, or Screwball616 as her username suggests, is a live streamer on twitch who basically reported on all things spidey. At first, y/n had been flattered by the attention but as time went on, he just started to get annoyed and creeped out by this fangirl.

Screwball616: "Hey everyone! Welcome again to another one of my streams! boy have I got some exciting news for all of you! apparently, there's been news of a second spider person! and get this, It's a woman!"

y/n facepalmed. great, now the spider-woman would be dealing with all of this girl's crazed self as well. 

Screwball: "this is great news, everyone! more spidey and more female rep in the superhero world!"

Y/n shook his head. at that moment, he got yet another notification from his phone. it was from a news app that he had installed to be informed on crime in the city. he tapped on it to reveal something shocking.

an article had been published that accused Spider-Man of robbing a bank. It even had photos to boot. y/n stood there in shock before he noticed that the person in the spider-themed costume was a little bit taller than him.

Y/n grit his teeth. there was a phony going around and tainting his name! y/n would have to deal with this after school.

=====LATER=====

Y/n sat in class with Kitty as he wrote notes down about his class. y/n suddenly felt a nudge on his shoulder and turned in Kitty's direction.

Kitty: hey, just wanted to ask but what do you think of spider-man turning to crime?

Y/n internally groaned at how fast everyone was to believe that he'd turned bad. guess he couldn't blame them.  

Y/n: I don't know. I mean, he was saving people wasn't he? why would he suddenly turn to crime?

Kitty: it wouldn't be the first time a superhero became evil. there was a mutant named angel who was once an x-man before he turned into a supervillain and now he goes by the name 'archangel'.

y/n: okay, fair point but don't you think that this is kinda sudden?

Kitty: I guess but what other explanation is there?

Y/n: it might be a fraud. 

Kitty: you mean like a guy pretending to be the real deal? I guess that's possible.

the bell suddenly rang which signaled that the class was over. kitty and y/n departed and went their separate ways.

Kitty: "I hope it really is just a fake. otherwise, the professor might have been wrong about him."

=====LATER=====

As soon as y/n was out of school, he was suited up and swinging through the streets. He needed to find this imposter and bring him to jail himself. He swung through the city as he searched around. 

Y/n concluded that this faker must be going to every bank in New York and stealing all the money in those places. y/n decided to go to one that he might not have robbed yet.

=====MEANWHILE=====

Gwen swung through the city, in search of spider-man.