⚠️Chapter 11: Past And Present (Part 3)⚠️

The battle was winding down for the most part; once Wire and Heat realized that their captain and vice captain were no longer concerned with flaying the opposing crew, playtime was officially over:

Heat went into full inferno mode, satisfying his pyromanic urges by immolating anyone who stood near him in a riotous nimbus of powerful flames. It took mere seconds for anyone in his line of 'fire' to succumb to the thousand-degree blaze that seared their flesh and bones, filled their lungs, boiled their blood.

Wire flipped his trident to the halberd end and cut down his remaining foes with mighty sweeps and thrusts that decapitated and impaled several at a time. A pile of bloody corpses quickly built up around him.

When the two men were done, they looked to their leaders for instruction... only to find their attentions elsewhere.

"Wait a second... hey Wire?"

"What's up?"

Heat searched the deck, turning in a slow and thorough circle, before looking back to his friend.

"...Where's Mohican?"

_________________________________

Kid's scowl deepened when he realized the fun was over. God damnit, the end was his favorite part! He forced himself to turn his petulant pout into a snarl as he stomped over to where Loklynn had gotten up and was now running across the deck in a slight crouch, avoiding further gun fire that didn't. Fucking. Exist.

She was either having a flashback or had somehow gotten ahold of some meth, because the end result sure looked pretty damn similar.

He stopped when he noticed Killer going after her as well. His first mate shook his head motioned 'stop' to him before pointing over to...

oh fuck.
Mohican.

The Mohawked gunman was lying face down in a pool of what might have his own blood, and Kid never thought he'd actually be happy to hear that dumb as hell post-battle giggling because at least that meant he was alive.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath as he began rushing over. Then he was nearly knocked back by a certain annoying little streak of blue; the prospect of wringing her little neck was looking better by the second.

"What the actual-!" He started to shout, but his action was interupted again when a second streak, just as annoying and predominantly blue as the first, appeared beside him and slapped a bloody hand over his mouth. This one was bigger and his neck was too thick to wring, but Kid could dream as he slapped Killer's hand away and whirled on him.

"What the actual fuck are you doing?!" He whisper-yelled the question he'd tried to throw at Loklynn.

"I was trying to tell you to leave her alone," Killer explained with a nod in her direction, "Because she was headed for 'Hican as well. She only went into that daze when she heard him scream, so I wanna see what she'll do."

Kid thought it over before sighing and stomping over to where she was now kneeling by their fallen crewmate's side. "Fine. Let's go satisfy your curiosity... But if this goes south, it's on you."

"Noted."

Kid had to admit... he was pretty baffled at the sight that greeted them upon their approach. She was kneeling on her knees at Mohican's side underneath a larger version of those 'starshields' of hers, like a shiny, translucent dome of blue glass.
Was it... would it, like... shock him or something?

Curious, he slowly extended a hand to hover an inch above its surface; no, there wasn't any electric charge interfering with his powers that he could feel. So with that possibility out of the way, he went on to the next course of action that made sense.