Chapter 22: Too Proud

REMEMBER THERE'S AN ADDED 1,000 WORDS ON THE LAST CHAPTER IN CASE YA DON'T KNOW.

Anyway,

We interupt this program to bring you a cuteness break. Enjoy it while it lasts...

________꧁꧂_______
...
...
...

The first few weeks on the 'Red Force,' were the most fun Loklynn had had since her last trip to Sabaody Park before she'd been taken. Running amok on the ship, climbing all over the rigging, and just creating general chaos wherever she went, every day seemed to be a wild adventure even if they hadn't actually gone anywhere yet. Of course, she still missed her Papa terribly, and more often than not found herself invading Shanks' room after one of her numerous nightmares. But despite this, she couldn't have asked for a better home.

She liked Shanks better than Pops anyway.

By her third week, she'd explored every nook and cranny on the ship, from Port to starboard... all except for one place.

"Say, Yasopp," Benn said one day as they watched Loklynn teetering off the edge of the crow's nest. They might have gone after her if Shanks wasn't already doing such a good job babysitting. "You noticed the kid hanging around outside your workshop?"

Yasopp opened his mouth to answer, but paused to laugh as Shanks appeared to catch Loklynn's wrist at the last second. The yelling was inaudible, but they knew Shanks was getting an earful from his charge for the trouble of potentially saving her life.

"Hehe, here we go again... but yeah, actually. I've caught her a couple times running off after I open the door. She's been doing it more this past week, though."

"And always when you're working on something." Benn's eyes moved to the Yasopp's with a smirk. "I think she's curious. Since you had to baby-proof the ship and lock the explosives in there, It's the only area she hasn't been to. And we've seen already how adventurous the kid is... pffhaha, holy shit! look at 'er now!!"

He jerked his head upward; Loklynn had successfully leapt from the crow's nest and was swinging straight over their heads on her way to the next mast. Shanks was left where he was standing with his jaw practically dropped to the deck, eyes wide as dinner plates, and a palm slapped to his strawhatted head.

The marksman and first mate burst out into wild guffaws, laughing so hard that the beers they were holding slipped out of their hands and soaked the deck. Anyone else lucky enough to witness the stunt similarly lost their shit. C'mon, she was fine, one of the crew would catch her before she hit the deck, they always did.

That didn't exactly ease Shanks' mind, though.

"His face! Oh God, it's priceless!" Yasopp howled as his now livid captain scowled and grabbed another rope to swing after her. "The kid really brings out the best in him, doesn't she?"

"Ha! Wouldja look at that, she made it!" Benn hooted, pointing to the netting above their heads. Sure enough, Loklynn let go of the rope at just the right moment, flying nearly twenty feet through thin air before catching herself on the web of ropes before her. When she looked back to see Shanks swinging after her, cape billowing out behind him like some terrifying specter, she squealed and grabbed the *halyard to rapell herself down the *foremast like she was traversing a damn mountain.