Chapter 6

Somewhere in the Royal Capital of the Roan Kingdom...

The Roan Kingdom's capital was a bustling place even after that plaza terror incident. The capital still looks alive even after that horrific incident. It was because the incident didn't cause much damage thanks to Prince Damian and his brothers.

In a quiet alley, a portal opens there revealing four men. Yes, they were Emperor Mikhail, Prince Damian, Ein, Ain Soren and Prince Cale. They didn't go straight to the Arleon Empire because Emperor Mikhail said he had to wait for someone.

"Father, who are you waiting for?" Prince Damian asked his father.

"I gave Lloyd the task of investigating the Henituse area and its environs and I promised to wait for him in the Capital, where we agreed. He should be there by now." Emperor Mikhail answered.

"Lloyd would take on such an errand, that's rare, very rare to be honest. Had he changed his mind about living an easy life and finally accepted his fate as an emperor candidate?" Prince Damian said.

"Don't speak ill of your little brother. Despite his attitude, he is an excellent investigator. You know about that too, right?" Emperor Mikhail replied.

"Of course. Compared to Kurt who is a good-for-nothing, Lloyd was certainly much better. His investigative skills are also a plus for his position as the heir to the imperial throne." Prince Damian said.

"Ah, speaking of Kurt, my underlings got information that he had put his hands on black magic. We also have a lot of strong evidence for that. What is your decision, Your Imperial Majesty? I want to hear your decision." Prince Damian said again.

"Is that so? Kurt has started playing with black magic, huh? Huh, I guess I have no other choice. I will get Kurt out of the Imperial Family." Emperor Mikhail replied.

"You are too kind, father. Kurt plays with black magic, you know!" Prince Damian said.

"What should I do? Despite his nature, he is my son. I can't sentence him to death." Emperor Mikhail said.

Emperor Mikhail was a great and invincible Emperor. Even so, Emperor Mikhail still had a soft spot for his children, even a problem child like Kurt. He was Emperor Mikhail, but he was also the Mikhail who loved all his children.

"Father should be able to punish him to the point where he cannot disrupt the peace of the Arleon Empire. He's been playing with black magic. It was an unforgivable thing in the laws of the Arleon Empire." Prince Damian replied.

"I know this is hard for you. It's hard for me too. Although my relationship with him is not good, he is my older brother. Unlike me and Lloyd, he and I were born from the same womb. I also don't want my biological brother to be executed, but we have no other choice." Prince Damian said again.

"You... You're right, Damian. I should have followed the laws written by the ancestors." Emperor Mikhail said.

"It's not like I want you to put the law before your own children, but Kurt is already unforgivable. Father should have realized that from the moment he challenged Ain Soren. Kurt has fallen for the evil whispers of greedy nobles." Prince Damian said while holding both of his father's shoulders.

"An Arleon shouldn't be consumed by greed, that was a will left behind by the First Emperor. Kurt had violated the First Emperor's will." Prince Damian said again.

Ein, Ain Soren and Prince Cale didn't say anything because what Prince Damian said was true. An Arleon shouldn't be consumed by greed. Those were the words written on the tombstone of the First Emperor of the Arleon Empire.

Even though he knows that Prince Damian is right, Prince Cale is still looking for a way to punish Kurt without having to execute him. He knew that Emperor Mikhail loved Kurt and he also knew that Kurt was precious to Emperor Mikhail.