Chapter 8

"The first emperor?!" Prince Cale said in shock.

"Wait, you can see me?!" Emperor Shirone said in shock.

Because of this unexpected incident, Emperor Shirone and Prince Cale were pointing at each other. Emperor Shirone was shocked that anyone could see him clearly. Whereas Prince Cale was shocked because he saw the First Emperor.

"Please don't faint. I'm not a ghost. I'll explain." Emperor Shirone said.

Emperor Shirone invited Prince Cale to sit on one of the benches in the garden area. Then, Emperor Shirone recounted what he had experienced since his 'body' died. In short, Emperor Shirone died and for some reason, his soul was stuck in the garden area.

"So, you are looking for your descendant who can see you and ask for his help to free your soul?" Prince Cale asked.

"My original plan was like that, but looking at the growth of the empire and family I created it wasn't bad either. Then, even if my soul were free, I would not be able to reincarnate." Emperor Shirone answered.

"Why? Why can't you reincarnate and start a new life in another world?" Prince Cale asked.

"Maybe it's because there's one impudent god who wants me to be the guardian of this continent." Emperor Shirone answered with a chuckle.

"Well, the point is I changed from the first emperor of this continent to the guardian spirit of this continent. Oh, I don't know your name yet? What is your name, my beloved descendant?" Emperor Shirone asked with a warm smile.

"Well, even though I'm not really your descendant, my name is Cale Adenca Arleon. I was born with the name Cale Henituse." Prince Cale answered awkwardly.

"Well, I know that you weren't born in the Arleon Imperial Family. But, don't worry. You've passed the blessing ritual and that means you're the only member of the imperial family who has my blood." Emperor Shirone said as he patted Prince Cale's head.

"Eh? Not the blood of Emperor Mikhail, but yours?" Prince Cale asked.

"You also have Mikhail's blood, but you also have mine. After all, the blessing ritual was held to strengthen my blood within the bodies of my descendants. That's why my descendants are strong. Since you have the blood of me and Mikhail, it can be said that you are my child with Mikhail." Emperor Shirone said with a smile.

"Why do my origins sound so weird?! I can be said to be the son of the First Emperor and the Tenth Emperor?!" Prince Cale said in a panic.

"Hahaha... True, it is indeed strange. But the fact that your imperial blood is made of mine and Mikhail's DNA is indisputable. The Arleon family had always been strange. Mikhail knows about this, you know. It's just that he kept quiet and didn't tell all of his children. Well, that really doesn't need to be told either." Emperor Shirone replied with a laugh.

"Unbelievable... I was so shocked..." Prince Cale said.

"Since you are the only one who can see me, I need your help so that I can be seen by my other descendants." Emperor Shirone said.

"How do I do it?" Prince Cale asked.

"There are several ways. But since you are my son, I will be your guardian spirit. Come on, make a contract with me." Emperor Shirone said as he extended his palm.

Prince Cale placed his hand on Emperor Shirone's palm. Emperor Shirone's hands were warm even though he was someone who had died hundreds of years ago. Prince Cale could feel that Emperor Shirone was holding his hand.

"Oh, you never acknowledged my lineage this far, Adenca. Adenca, I want to be the guardian spirit of my son. I will protect him. You also know that the current state of the world is very bad." Emperor Shirone said while closing his eyes.