(1)Chapter 3: Play Nice

As Enid blasted music, Wednesday found it increasingly difficult to write his novel. He sighed with irritation as he got up, making his way over to the girl's room.

He knocked twice before bursting through the door, annoyance evident on his face.

"Silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time." He said.

"Your writing time?" Enid asks.

"I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." He says, making Y/N chuckled a bit.

"Ooh, can I read it when you're done?" Y/N asked, curiosity in her tone.

"Now is not the time Y/N... I write in my voice. t's my truth. It's what my followers love." Enid says.

"Your followers are clearly imbeciles. They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures."

"Those are called emojis." Y/N said as she took a seat at her desk, checking on her lavender plant.

"It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you." Enid says, sassily.

"When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole. By the way, there are two D's in Addams. If you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly." Wednesday says, annoying Enid further. In response, she takes out Y/N's CD and changes it to her own preppy music before blasting it and dancing to it.

"Turn that off. This is your final warning." Wednesday says, coldly.

Y/N stands up quickly, slowly starting to approach the two.

"Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them." Enid says as she threatens Wednesday with her claws. Y/N sees this as the final straw, growing large and strong vines to bund Enid's hands close together and vines to hold Wednesday down by his legs.

"You two had better quit this right now before I defenistrate you! Enid, you know better. And Wednesday... Just learn to hold yourself back from trying to annoy her." Y/N scolds as she slightly tightens the vines on the two. Enid visibly flinched at her friend's anger while Wednesday looked down at her in amusement.

The door opens, revealing Mrs.Thornhil holding a black dahlia.

"Good evening, guy, gal, and demi pals." She greets as she enters the room with a smile. "Oh, sorry about the mud. I wanted to make sure that Wednesday was settling in. Ah. Is this a bad time?" She says as she sees the current predicament.

"Nah, gimme a sec." Y/N says as she grabs some gardening shears. She proceeds to cut the vines at their bases, making them fall off of their targets.

"I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid and Y/N have given you the old Nevermore welcome." She says happily.

"They've been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the favor. In their sleep." Wednesday half threatens. He doesn't exactly hate Y/N, but he doesn't like how she makes him feel.

"Well, here's a little welcome gift from Y/N and I. I try to match the right flower to each of my kids. When I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one." Mrs.Thornhill says as she hands him the flower. Y/N blushes and adverts her gaze from Wednesday as he takes the gift.

"The black dahlia." He says as he examines the flower.

"Oh, you know it?"

"Of course. It's named after my favorite unsolved murder. Thank you."