(2) Chapter 5: Feels

Thanks to Alvionnathesilliest1 for helping me out with this chapter :]

Your POV

As we were walking through the forest, we were suddenly grabbed and held tightly by our mouths. Before we could retaliate, we quickly recognized the hands keeping us quiet, Tyler.

"Sorry. I didn’t want Elvis to pick up on your scent." He says as he unhands us. We soon catch sight of a dog sniffing out for something followed by the sheriff

"Thanks. How’d you throw them off?" I ask while Wednesday regains a grip on my wrist.

"Uh…Coffee grounds?
...
Deer-hunting hack.
...
One of the perks of being a part-time barista." He explains as he pulls out a wad of coffee grounds. His statement about deer-hunting intrigues me as he doesn't seem the type to be into hunting, but you never truly know someone.

"I assume your father didn’t bring the bloodhound to play fetch." Wednesday comments.

"He doesn’t tell me shit.
...
You guys must think it’s weird I’m stalking him." Tyler says, a hint of sadness I'm his tone as he watches his father.

"No, I consistently stalk my parents." Wednesday says, trying to put Tyler at ease, but instead, it only further convinces him how weird he is.

"I don't really care. I wouldn't know much about normal family bond stuff." I say with a shrug.

"Hey, wait, what really happened the other night at the festival?" Tyler asks as he abruptly recalls the night.  "Look, I swear I won’t say anything to my dad."

"I thought Rowan was in danger. Turns out I was wrong.
...
Then he proceeded to use his telekinesis to try and choke me to death." Wed essay explains as he recalls the traumatic event while also searching for his evidence, dragging me with him.

"Holy shit. Wh… Why would he do that?" Tyler asks, seemingly confused and worried for Wednesday’s safety.

"No idea. That’s when this monster came out of the shadows and gutted him." I have to hold myself back from gagging at the thought of seeing some ripped open. I've only ever seen that stuff in games or movies, but it's different behind a screen. I can only imagine the trauma and vomit inducing smell and scene.

"Whoa. Whoa. So… So you really saw it?
...
And it didn’t try to kill you?" Tyler asks, taken aback, seeing as he believes the creature is merciless and terrible.

"It actually saved me from Rowan. That’s the part I’m trying to figure out.
...
I came here to find something that could prove he was murdered and that I haven’t lost my mind." Wednesday explains as he searches through the leaves and looks for familiar trees.

"Yet." I add as I help him in his search. He responds by applying pressure to the knuckle of my thumb, which hurts slightly, but I find it comforting.

"These are Rowan’s.
...
I knew it was a cover-up." Wednesday says as he quickly swoops down to pock up a pair of broken glasses that still had some blood on the lenses and frame.

"And the crow might be able to help you too. They're good at relaying what some cause of death was. It's probably why a group of them is called a murder." I say as I take in the details of the glasses, memorizing the exact shapes of the cracks and splatters of blood.

"I'd appreciate that." Wednesday says as he makes eye contact with me. It isn't cold, or at least not as cold as it usually is, and he seems to actually appreciate help. I slowly blink at him without realizing it, but as soon as I do, I avert my gaze back to the glasses.

"You guys are making me feel like a third wheel at my own stake out.." Tyler comments, which only makes my face heat up, making me lose my composure.

"Yeah, yeah! I'm sure you know a lot about third wheeling, Tyler." I fire back in defense.

...

Wednesday's POV

"I keep seeing that same purple book.
...
The cover was darker... More like a day-old contusion. Keep looking." I instruct Thing as we rummage through the library. Anyone without context would think I had suddenly become obsessed with the color purple by how many purple books I had stacked so that I wouldn't pick them up again. 

"I don’t usually find students in here looking for actual books." A feminine and slightly raspy voice comments out of nowhere.

"Most sneak in to make out." I turn around to see Mrs.Thornhill with her signature smile.

"I accidentally walked in on two vampires fanging... I can’t unsee that." I say as I remember the ugly sight.

"Is there something I can help you find?" She asks out of hospitality.

"Have you seen this before? It’s a watermark from a book I’m looking for." I say as I hold up a picture of a flower.

"I think it’s the symbol to an old student society. Um… The Nightshades." She answers as she rummaged through her brain.

...

As I make my way to my dorm to collect some things I may need, I decide to take a small detour to borrow Enid. As I knock on the dorm door, Enid answers, thankfully. Y/N doesn't seem to be anywhere near.

"If you're looking for Y/N, she's with Weems getting hot chocolate." Enid says, guessing that I may be here to steal her friend again.

"Good, I need to speak with you." I say as I walk past her and into the room.

"That's new. Whatdya need?" She asks as she closes and locks the door for safety.

"Lately, I've been feeling something very unfamiliar, and I don't like it. You seem the type to know about feelings, so I'm asking for your assistance." I explain whole crossing my arms. I feel uncomfortable just exposing myself like this, but if I can't figure this out, I need some insight from someone who might.

"Ooh! This'll be so fun!" She cheers as she runs to a drawer and pulls out a clipboard and a checklist.

"Why do you have that? Last I remember, you didn't want to be a doctor of any kind." I ask as she sits on her bed while I stand across from her on Y/N's side of the room.

"Y/N has regular breakdowns, so as the bestest friend that I am, I help her." She explains, prideful. "Now, imma list off some symptoms and you tell me which ones you have."

...

"Fluttery stomach, clouded thinking, yearning, blood rushing, and queasy. Sorry to tell you this, dude, but you have got a case of the L word." Enid declares as she lists my symptoms.

"Leprosy?" I ask, completely lost.

"No, no, Wednesday. Starts with L, ends with E." She says, trying to get her pint across.

"So... Lice?" I guess.

"No! Wednesday, you, my friend, are in love." She says, giving in to my obliviousness.

"That can't be true. My heart has no room to indulge in such disgusting emotions." I deny, embarrassment bubbling in my chest.

"Sorry, the evidence is all here. Take it, my advice for you is to learn to get some bitches." Enid says as she hands me her checklist with the words 'Undeniably In Love' written with pink pen at the bottom.

"Sleep with one eye open, Enid." I threaten as I leave the dorm.

"Love ya too! But not in that way!" She teases before I slam the door shut. Loud giggling can be heard from the room as I storm off towards Rowan's dorm.