Confess!

Tanjiro's POV

It's been two maybe three days since we've gone to the mall I believe—we're getting ready to leave, today is our last day at my family's house.

I'm gonna miss it here. I'm gonna miss getting up at night to meet Inosuke on the roof, I'm gonna miss my siblings, I'm gonna miss the trips we'd go on, and I'm gonna miss my mother.

I'm in the kitchen, helping mom wash the dishes, everyone else is playing freeze tag outside—yes including Inosuke and Nezuko and even Takeo has gone to play. In front of the sink is a small window, which I look at and see Inosuke getting tagged by Hanako, he's supposed to be frozen but he turns his head towards me, looks around, turns back and waves at me smiling, I chuckle, and wave as well.

I notice my mom's been looking at me, a smirk on her face. I jolt my head towards her.

"Why are you looking at me?" I ask nervously.

"You like him." It wasn't even a question. I swallow, stealing a quick glance back at Inosuke who is still watching me, then I look back to my mother, one of her eyebrows raised.

"Maybe." I mumble.

"He's pretty, and sweet, you have good taste Tanjiro." She says kindly. I hold my head low. I've never really had crushes in my life, maybe two or three small ones, but those were on girls and to be honest Inosuke has been my first guy crush.

I realized she hadn't asked about my sexuality before, I don't think she cares about all that. Once at a store, (I believe I was 6) I saw two girls kiss on the lips, I had asked mom about it but all she said was "love is not based on ones gender it's based on ones personality and interests".

"Do you think he likes me back?" I ask. I'm almost done with the dishes, thankfully, so I can get out of this conversation quick. She smiles, and nods.

"He always seems a little extra happy with you so I'll say yes."

"But what if he doesn't?"

"Tanjiro, in that impossible scenario, just know that if he's a good friend, he'll still be kind and considerate." She says sternly. My mother is wise. And I'm grateful for that.

____

"Bye mom." I smile through the car window, she smiles back and leans down to plant a kiss on my cheek, I whisper a 'Mom Inosuke's here!' and receive a chuckle from both Inosuke and my mother.

"Oh and Tanjiro I need you to do something for me." She says. I tilt my head, what could she possibly want?

She leans close to my ear and whispers, "Confess to him." My eyes widen—I hope Inosuke didn't hear that one. Mom winks before walking the kids to the house. Shigeru mocking me with kissy faces, looks like mom couldn't help herself and blabbed to my siblings about my little crush.

"Tell him you loooove~ him!" Hanako sings dragging out the 'o'. I don't dare glance at Inosuke and I keep my head down as I drive away. I speed up hoping to not get any words of mockery from Takeo, he'd straight up say that I love Inosuke right then and there.

____

I drop Inosuke off at his house, we both get out of the car so I can assist him with his luggage, which isn't much, Nezuko'd probably help hut she's sleeping as of now. As I place down the last bag I think for a moment.

Is this the right time to say it? To confess that I love him? I frantically think my mind all over the place as I stand by the doorway idly.