twelve | whisky

As guests were seated for the reception, Chanel felt relieved that the hardest part of the day was over and the fun could begin.

But her hopes were interrupted by eye contact from Cece who pointed to the empty seat at the bridesmaid table where Candy's name card was placed.

Chanel shrugged because she hadn't seen Candy since the cocktail hour before the reception. Maybe she was fucking a waiter. Candy loved to do things like that at formal events.

"I wasn't fucking a waiter, bartender, or chef." Candy suddenly appeared, stating that as if she could read Chanel's mind.

"No one was thinking that Candy." Chanel lied, feeling guilty especially since Mason was pulling out her chair.

"Yes you were." Candy laughed.

"Okay you're right but only because I'm so use to your old ways." She shrugged. "Sorry."

Ace returned to his seat next to Chanel and kissed her cheek before handing her a shot glass.

"Drink up, I have a feeling the speeches are going to last a few hours." He joked, toasting his glass to hers before throwing back what seemed to be Don Julio.

Chanel followed his lead and took the shot of tequila right as Victor approached the microphone to kick off the speeches for the night.

"Good evening everyone. My name is Victor and I'm the founder of Rebel Room, a porn-" the entire room erupted in applause which seemed to come as a surprise to not only Victor but also some of the other members of Rebel. "Okay so some of you are familiar with Rebel Room. Dax was a larger part of building an audience for us and it's my pleasure to be in attendance for this wedding but also to hand his signature frame to Zane."

Victor revealed the framed photo of Dax and handed it to Zane who smiled and stepped up to show the room. He flipped the frame to the back where Rebel Room "stats" were usually noted. Zane placed a yellow dot in the back with no further explanation though the room, once again, clapped at what was an underwhelming gesture.

However, in that moment, almost all of the Doll House girls let out a collective "ohhhh" as they came to the realization of its significance.

Winter leaned into the table and asked, "smarty pants, what's happening?"

"The frame wall at the Rebel mansion." Chanel whispered. "The yellow dot behind the frame means, in a rare occurance, they managed to find love."

It was actually a beautiful tradition and meant more when considering that all the boys who had a yellow dot were no longer in the industry and focused on furthering their connection.
• • • • • •
When the talking was done, and the food was served, the party began and Chanel didn't spare her liver when it came to taking more shots with Ivy and Hazel.

"Has Hodge's contacted either of you today?"

"Nope, and if he tries to contact you, you better not ruin the night teachers pet." Ivy warned, crossing her arms.

"Ivy shut up, you know I wouldn't respond." Chanel rolled her eyes. "But I hate that we've been lying."

"Here she goes." Both Ivy and Hazel said in unison throwing their hands up.

"Here, take a neat whisky to Ace and tell him to blow your back out in the bathroom. That's what you need to rid that guilty conscious." Hazel handed the glass to Chanel and then pushed her in the direction of Ace who was at the opposite side of the bar with Axel, Ellis, and Gabriel.

"Ace?" She cleared her throat but before she could say anything more to him, Ace looked at her with a sultry smirk, plucked the short glass from her fingers then threw back the dark liquor without hesitation.