Chapter 9

After hundreds of years, Tanhai Temple has flourished with incense, and there is an endless stream of pilgrims coming and going, but the way up the mountain to offer incense is not as easy as imagined.

Tan Island was originally an island evolved from a mountain. The temple was built at the highest point on the island. To get to the temple, you have to walk 9,981 steps and pass through eight bends, implying the eight sufferings of life: life is suffering, old age is suffering Suffering, sickness, death, love and parting, resentment and hatred, and not getting what one wants will eventually be melted into these more than nine thousand steps.

The suffering of life is ranked last according to the calculation from the foot of the mountain, so that no matter what people seek, only survival is the most difficult, but when they come out of the temple, it ranks first, that is, people are born to endure hardships, and there is nothing to live without. There is no death, and there is no existence of the other six sufferings.

The road up the mountain is winding and winding, and there is no direct bus or cable car. If you want to climb to the top, you can only go up by your feet.

Except for Hu Die and Mo Hai, the group of people were all athletes. They walked up the steps like walking on the ground. In order to take care of her and Mo Hai, everyone's speed was not very fast.

After the three hardships, Hu Die was exhausted and her pace became slower. Jing Yu dug out her water from the bag and handed it over: "Drink a little."

Hu Die stopped to take a few sips, then said slowly: "I won't go up, I didn't intend to go in to offer incense, I'll wait for you here in the gazebo."

"Okay." Jing Yu handed her the lid of the pure water bottle: "You and Mo Hai go in and sit down first, I'll give them a call."

Hu Die waited until she sat in the gazebo to realize what Jing Yue said meant that he was not planning to go up either, and when he came back after calling, she asked, "Aren't you going to offer incense?"

Jing Yue sat down in the empty seat beside her: "I don't believe this."

Without suffering, do not believe in gods and Buddhas.

But suffering to the depths, naturally he does not believe in gods and Buddhas.

Jing Yue is a person who has come through suffering. He knew from a long time ago that asking the Buddha for rebirth was just asking the Buddha for comfort.

After hearing this, Hu Die immediately poohed three times, and said in a serious manner: "It's still in its territory, don't talk nonsense."

After poohing, she patted the wooden pillar next to her three times, muttering: "Tongyan Wuji Tongyan Wuji."

Jing Yue folded his arms and leaned back against the fence, his long legs slightly bent, and he closed his eyes and muttered, "You're a big kid."

Tan Island is surrounded by the sea, the mountains are lush green, and the temperature is several degrees lower than that on the shore. After sitting for a while, Hu Die couldn't help but sneezed.

Jing Yue looked sideways, "Is it cold?"

"The wind blows." Hu Die rubbed her nose, took out her coat from her bag and put it on, "It's so cool in the mountains."

Jing Yu said "hmm" and said, "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Okay." Hu Die watched him walk towards Mo Hai who was squatting not far away, probably asking him if he wanted to go with him, but Mo Hai shook his head and squatted on the ground without moving.

The bathroom was at the second bend, and Jing Yue's figure disappeared after a few steps. Hu Die looked away and called out, "Mo Hai."

He looked up.